• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Intro Video

Started by General BlackDragon, September 10, 2009, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

For best results install BZ2 from THE DISC. DO NOT patch to 1.2, but patch STRAIGHT to PB5.1

And for the record no new video was ever created, you're just looking at in in DX9, so its smoother and probably plays through faster, being a .bik BINK video file.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Wish there were better converters in 1998/9. Looks bloody horrible with all those pixels. Not that I don't like pixels. Don't get me wrong, I love pixels. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Not to mention nostalgic. :lol:

GSH

The intro video had to be downsampled to a 256x256 size, because the 3dfx Voodoo 1 had a max texture size of 256x256. Yes, I've asked if the original is anywhere. Nobody knows where it is. :(

-- GSH

AHadley

bb1

I would really really like to see the original of each video.

TheJamsh

Yeh, my Serenesis shell uses that video as a basis for the momen until a new one is made with its own assets, and when stretched to 320x640 it does get a little... fuzzy :)

AHadley

*AMMO*, man! That's one pretty little shell!

TheJamsh

you should see the rest of it :P

AHadley

In which case, I volunteer what services I can :mrgreen:

Warfreak

Heh, copying how GOW does it's shell i see.

TheJamsh

Similar yeh. It started slightly different, but i grew a bit bored of the same plain bevelled buttons... Plus it suits the shell style i wanted perfectly so im happy.

Raven

That increased poly count is freaking sweet! THANKYOU!

TheJamsh

I sense some wings-based framerate destruction :lol: