• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Large objects, tunnels, etc Was Re: 1.3 Public Beta 5.1 released

Started by Nielk1, September 14, 2009, 11:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Talking to GSH a while ago he told me fog should now not make buildings disappear when their center passes the fog barrier. This means the poly count raise could be used for nice HUGE objects without fear of oddities.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

I always wanted HUGE objects  :-o
Well we can make the ground invisible nicely now, I have a nice 360 degree dome (sphere) with stars. So if I can figure out how to put an underside object under the terrain...(any ideas?) I could make a Dirigible Aeronauther map! or a starship or...
Some way of keeping the surface buildable, while being able to fall off the edge and see the underside.

bb1

mrtwosheds

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Warfreak

From my understanding, tunnels own terrain in order to work properly... so no.

bb1

Well, if you want to add Z Axis depth to your space mission... wouldn't be very effective though.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Warfreak on September 14, 2009, 05:11:41 PM
From my understanding, tunnels own terrain in order to work properly... so no.

And for collisions to work.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

One thing to bear in mind though, tunnels do NOT require a collision frame if you use ownsTerrain = 1.

I know this why? because i have a cliff side from CORE with four tunnel objects underneath. The cliff-side has the collision frame, while the tunnels have no such thing. Just setting ownsTerrain = 1 makes them work.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bb1

Nielk1

When you don't add collisions you get phantom walls meters and meters and meters away from the structure, add collisions.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

dam... someone check my reactor wars map (once ive fixed it)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

Don't really need it to collide, Just want to be able to make a map look like a 3d object and so you can still build bases on top of it, you will only see the underside if you fall off the edge towards the lethal invisible water, Ok maybe aircraft will fly into an invisible cliff if they try to go under it. A big plant class might do it, might be tricky getting the edges to line up.

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Nielk1 on September 15, 2009, 10:25:07 AM
When you don't add collisions you get phantom walls meters and meters and meters away from the structure, add collisions.

I never encountered that

*****General BlackDragon*****

bb1

Can part of the terrain be invisible or is it all-or-nothing?