• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

HellFury Mod (Please Read)

Started by shane ward, September 15, 2009, 08:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

HellFury

Greeting everyone,

Many of you might have been wondering what I have been working on all these years, bringing up interesting units for help with and asking some people with help with units and so on.

Well, I have decided to let everybody in on what I have been doing.

For the past few years I WAS working on a Mod called "HellFury"

And now for the bad news, as time went on I have slowly gone of the project due to time and personal circumstances – to a point that I am not working on it as much as I would want to and not any time soon, there might come a time I could get interested in it again, but no one can tell.

However the amount of work I have put into it and the excitement that many of you want with mods, I have decided to release what I have done so far. Most people would just close the project and forget about it, I almost did but I have not and decided to upload the entire project to the server and it is now available for downloading as it is, or for someone to carry on.

What is the mod in short brief description: -

The mod is a Fury 3 and Hellbender mod in Battlezone 2.

The mod is in TWO sections so read carefully and bear in mind that since I have drifted off this project, a lot of the new levels and units are RAW, and although the early levels have been tested again and again, they might be errors.

DON'T forget to add the dll's in the dll Zip folder to your missions folder or you will be in the worlds alone!

The two parts are as follows, In the Zip file you will find two Pak files. They are individual sections of the game.

If you add "Hellmain.pak" to your "bzone.cfg" under the appropate place, you will be able to access the nine Fury 3/Hellbender style levels. (You will need to access them by adding "-map Furymap1.bzn" or "-map Furymap2.bzn" and so on, To a bz2 Icon shortcut or command prompt. There are nine levels) they are not available in the single campaign or instant action menu, but they are in the pak file.

These levels are basic, you start of in your Hellfury ship and blast any enemy units and attack painted units. Levels 1 and two might fail on some systems due to the map size. However the rest should work. The last 3 levels might cause lag due to the city cars.

How to play: Use the deploy key to cause your ship to hover high or close to the ground, this is handy to pick up ammo and weapons on the ground. Destroy the Podded Building (Black Pods throughout the map) to gain access to new weapons.

At the end of each world, there is a boss to kill.

Part two of the mod will add the BZ2 element into the game and throw you into the world of my brother and me ;) You will enjoy this.

HOW TO RUN:

Simply add the following to your "bzone.cfg" file

"Hellmain.pak" and add "Hellbz2.pak" these two MUST be added for this to work

Run the game as normal and you can access the bz2 style levels in the single player campaign will full talking, mission briefings and so on. However there are only five levels fully working (I hope) so don't race through them. They are also controlled by the games difficulty setting, so make sure it's not set to high!

Please note that this mod is extremely RAW and unknown effects could occur with any part of the game. The BZ2 Style game should work ok.

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE, This was designed with BZ2 1.3 in mind, I have no Idea what will happen with 1.4 I did not get that far.

If you are a pak boff that likes to take a look at the pak files or want to know more about the game errors or scripts and so on you will need to see the "LISTPLAN" files located in every mission folder for the BZ2 style game.

I have added a small credit list below so if I missed anyone out, please add them in your reply posts, I will try and add them in a later date.

If you don't like what I have done, TUFF!

Credits: -
Axeminister
Windy
Zero Angel
BNG Da BZ Fool = Models
BNG Da BZ Fool = SCIENTIST
Bigbadbogie = Idears, ODF Info
FE TEAM
NATTY
T3WOTM
GARION, JAKE ALLTHROUGH
ME :D

MOD DOWNLOAD: - http://www.bzscrap.com/~shanesmods/files/HellFury.zip
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

bigbadbogie

Crashes for me with both TA5.1 and PB4a patches.

Which patch exactly did you use?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

bb1

I loved hellbender demo that came with Windows 95 CD. Well, until I got into the dark tunnels and had no clue what I was supposed to do. KILL THE BIONS (any chance you did this because of resemblence to Scions?) Nice beefy 14.6mb demo.. about on par with BZ.

So, is afterburner a weapon or something else? Ha.

That's about where my excitement stops, where you say 1.3 or 1.4 I don't feel comfortable using it, essentially because there is no 1.4.

AHadley

He might mean PB4, an easy mistake to make - my PB4 directory is listed as which is 1.4.

TheJamsh

Yeh its probably PB4a, because i know Shane cant run anything higher than that... best double check though. Something about his processor not supportings SSME or whatever it is...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

shane ward

For everyones information it is "BZ2_v13PublicBeta3_English" I was using at the time, I was going to upgrade to the most recent, However I never got around to using it.

It should work relativity stable using Battlezone 2 1.3 Public Beta 3.

General BlackDragon

I'd like to suggest a more efficient installation method.

Create a folder called "HellFury" in your BZ2 folder. Extract the zip to the new HellFury folder.

Rename the "dll" folder "missions" and setup your CFG like this:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Copyright 1997-98 Activision Studios, Strategy Group
//
// Battlezone II - Core System Configuration File
//

// Configure game file system
ConfigureFileSystem()
{
// Setup base data
ConfigureStream("base")
{
AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\HellFury");
AddPack("@rootdir\HellFury\Hellbz2.pak");
AddPack("@rootdir\HellFury\Hellmain.pak");

// Look in "addon" first
AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\addon");

// Look at pakfiles next
AddPack("@rootdir\patch13.pak");
AddPack("@rootdir\data.pak");
AddPack("@rootdir\bumps.pak");

// Look in "data" last, and only last.
AddDirRecurse("@rootdir\data");
}

// Make it active
SetActiveStream("base");

// Optional, for mods -- the ability to put pilots & savegames in
// other directories. Commented out to simply demonstrate how to
// do it.

// SetPilotsDirectory("pilots");
// SetSavesDirectory("saved");
}

Works like a charm and everything's all in one nice neat folder.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Devil

I think you should take over this mod, GBD.  He's abandoning it and it needs work (msh files not included; can't pick up trasnmitter in final mission, etc.)
What box???

Red Devil

Shane, can you include/post the dll scripts?
What box???

Nielk1

They are in the hellmain.pak file.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

ah, i see them now.  *scratches head*

BTW, love the boss units.
What box???

shane ward

Quote from: Red Devil on September 16, 2009, 12:02:08 PM
I think you should take over this mod, GBD.  He's abandoning it and it needs work (msh files not included; can't pick up trasnmitter in final mission, etc.)

If it's the level that you get the transmitter from the scavenger that was destroyed then you need to hop out of your ship and pick it up, or shoot it. Still works like a charm, Also there is one more level after that, however it's not in the game menu, you will need to use the command line like -map HelFury05.bzn, there is a massive machine in there that might impress you all however it is only half done, I might finish it in the future depending on what people think and any time I can get. I did intend to do one more level after this and then release what I have.

DLL Scripts for the basic shoot and fly missions are in the "Hellmain.pak"
DLL Scripts for the BZ2 game missions are in there respected mission folders in the "Hellbz2.pak"

Warfreak

:o, PB3 you say...

The comps in my Com.Sci class only have DX8 on them, so I may test this thing out when I get some time to do so. (I finish my assignments too fast)

bb1

Has nobody else played hellbender?

Red Devil

What box???