• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Public Beta 5.1 Bugs and Issues

Started by squirrelof09, September 15, 2009, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Yeah, the archer bug is my fault.  I tried to submit a fix for it my my GreenHeart recycler update, but it wasn't added to 1.3.  Basically I added __2g to the fins instead of _2.  The g indicates glass, or transparent, and the 2 indicates two-sided.

Zero Angel

I've noticed strange graphical effects while EMBM is enabled. The ivscout for example, has a 'patchy' look, as if the main body of it looks normal but a certain part of the front (the part where it uses begins to use a different part of the ivscout texture) of it looks significantly more contrasty.  The ivtank on the other hand, is completely black and textureless with EMBM enabled.

I dont know if this is a linux-only problem or if it shows up in Windows as well.

It almost seems as if one of the lighting settings (ie: specular) is actually showing through rather strongly, where in previous versions it didnt. Hence the problems with textures.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

I havent seen those problems in Windows Vista 32-bit with an ATI mobility radeon HD2600 card.

Bumpmaps have always been a little 'iffy'. They have recently started working correctly for me with the DX9 re-write, but before that all sorts of errors would occur. Every graphics chip is different, so they won't run perfect on every machine.

Im still a little fuzzy on Specular lighting, and what exactly it does. I cant see any difference on my machine, could someone maybe post a screenie with and without spec-lighting highlights on?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Machine

I have not played much but to me the biggest problem is the lagout bug (like every third game players drop simultaneously and server gets totally out of sync). For some reason I was not able to target an archer (there was no jammer afaik). Resyncs take scraps... Build orders get cancelled and but you still lose your money...

How can the Scion be so much better than ISDF these days ? Majority wanto command Scion now. That really ruins the game. We saw enough spire-archer walking already in official patches. Now it's wise to mass build cheap NPC gauss sentrys etc.... Strats are more like newbie MPIs now.

Nielk1

Quote from: Machine on September 22, 2009, 07:46:05 PM
I have not played much but to me the biggest problem is the lagout bug (like every third game players drop simultaneously and server gets totally out of sync). For some reason I was not able to target an archer (there was no jammer afaik). Resyncs take scraps... Build orders get cancelled and but you still lose your money...

How can the Scion be so much better than ISDF these days ? Majority wanto command Scion now. That really ruins the game. We saw enough spire-archer walking already in official patches. Now it's wise to mass build cheap NPC gauss sentrys etc.... Strats are more like newbie MPIs now.

Very strange. I have had no lagouts, the lagout bug was fixed. Also, I see ISDF is still the most preferred race to be played. What you have said seems to be something only you are experiencing, quite odd?

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Actually I've experenced a lagout bug as well, on the public beta. It tends to happen with 4+ players and especially in ST's. I don't have any data, as my BZ2 isnt logging anything.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

Hmm. I don't have bumpmaps or reflections, but my PB4a laptop will use both perfectly, if I tell it to read bumps.pak.

Axeminister

I don't experience any lagouts with 1.3pb5.1. It plays smooth as butter. ISDF is the more powerful race still. There are way more graphics settings now. Experiment to see what is best for your pc.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

Quote from: Zero Angel on September 22, 2009, 11:30:42 PM
Actually I've experenced a lagout bug as well, on the public beta. It tends to happen with 4+ players and especially in ST's. I don't have any data, as my BZ2 isnt logging anything.

Quite odd. Your BZ2 log might need to be removed if its not writing new info to it.

Click on the image...

Killer AK

I don't think switching servers feature works any longer

squirrelof09

It does work. It's more risky to try it and to depend on it.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Mr X

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but sometimes maulers sort of sink into the ground, the ground is halfway up their legs.

It happens when they spawn and stays that way until they are destroyed, don't have a clue what causes it.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Axeminister

Were you playing G66 when it happened?
There is no knowledge that is not power.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Mr X on October 30, 2009, 03:25:00 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but sometimes maulers sort of sink into the ground, the ground is halfway up their legs.

It happens when they spawn and stays that way until they are destroyed, don't have a clue what causes it.

All walkers tend to 'bounce' too. They rise up a little bit very slowly and then fall to the ground.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Mr X

Quote from: Axeminister on October 30, 2009, 08:20:32 PM
Were you playing G66 when it happened?

No, just regular BZ2 with the pb5.1 patch.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!