• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Public Beta 5.1 Bugs and Issues

Started by squirrelof09, September 15, 2009, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

First,  I took out an atilla the other day and it's head decided it would nod up and down rather fast before it died. Death animations are screwed, basically.

Second, the Core tunnels seem to be better now. NK1's custom RW ones are still a bit grey, but the tops on all the ones I've seen (by the pink tracks) seems to be a bit dark to me.

Thirly, I also had a rather interesting total crash the other day. In order:

1) Internal Exception

2) Runtime Error

3) Access Violation - Unable to load console font

Fixed by replacing data.pak with a duplicate from my 1.01 7z (thanks N1) so it may have got corrupted somehow. I didn't open it so I have no idea what caused it, it might be relevant.

TheJamsh

I had played around with lighting types for the core tunnels before they were sent in. Glad they work properly now.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

ScarleTomato

not really a bug with the stock game but the option to select the commbunker from a base number messes up in multiworld. I get kicked out of it about 2 seconds after selecting it and lose my controls. The best way ive found to get my controls back is to give up base command and then take it back.

TheJamsh

Yeh GSH tried fixing that multiple times, but even with what he describes as some "utterly rude hacks" it still refused to work correctly... Hence why for my variant i had to make a different version for IA.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

Is it normal for when the scion forge is destroyed for it to build a dower in its place and then another kiln even if it already has a dower?
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 31, 2009, 08:13:23 PM
Is it normal for when the scion forge is destroyed for it to build a dower in its place and then another kiln even if it already has a dower?

What?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

in a couple of instant missions I've don't I'll destroy their forge and they'll build a dower in its place even if they already have one. Afterwords they build a kiln in a different spot.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Dowers are limited to one IIRC. This shouldn't be happening.

Clavin12

well it is and thus if it shouldn't be happening it is a bug, correct?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

bb1

Crash while playing Instant Surprise thug varient. BZLog

ERR |Debug           |               debug:298  |18:38:50|86     |Symbol database is too small, current 20000, required 23251

Radeon 5850, AMD955be, DDR3 memory if that matters.

Red Devil

Your install is jacked.  That error is due to mixing install files, usually by copy/paste, click-and-drag.
What box???

GSH

If you get the 'symbol database is too small' message, that does NOT appear in the 1.3pb5.1 source code or exe. Your bzone.exe is pre-1.3pb4 (or pre-1.3pb4a, not sure). Reinstall 1.3pb5.1, and right-click on bzone.exe and get properties. Ensure that for version, it notes that it's 1.3pb5.1.

-- GSH