• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Radeon x600 issues (split from PB5.1 bugs & issues)

Started by mag, September 16, 2009, 10:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaor

BZII will be 15 years old around A.D. 2014

Bits of it are probly a fair bit older than that ;)

VSMIT

Lights are probably where a majority of your frames are going.  They got quite expensive with the new patches.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

technoid

Quote from: Slaor on November 21, 2009, 11:47:17 PM
Of course shortening view distances and lowering settings gives slightly better frames but that's beside the point and it ain't a fix. There's an issue here somewhere, the card will run STALKER fine and I get better frames on Crysis than this... BZ2 should not be expected to chew more resources than that no matter what.

Well, have you sent your mod/files to Nathan?  Dunno if he wants them or not to test with.   He's the only one who can check out DirectX issues "directly."   Catch him now, he's technically unemployed at the moment! 

Slaor

Not a mod issue I tells ye! Mod is testing fine on other systems with minimal slowdown and stock gameplay is also ferked :(

It is likely some kinda driver issue which, going by past form is entirely likely - I'll be avoiding ATI cards in future, never had this hassle with Nvidia gear. OpenGL is rooted generally.

Running Radeon HD 3450 on Vista Home Premium with latest V9.11 drivers. Tried running as admin, in XP compat mode etc blah blah.

EDIT: Rolled back then reinstalled catalyst that seemed to help a little - it's running about same as it used to pre-DX on my old system, but at least it's not hanging as much now.

technoid