• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2edit.exe + Shift & F12

Started by TheJamsh, September 20, 2009, 11:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

What is the purpose of this mode? It seems to disconnect you from youre ship and allow you to move around as you please.

This could be very useful if a .dll could trigger it... say for spectating purposes...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Cool.  Had been wondering if there were some controls for mouselook and hat switches.
What box???

Mr X

I've noticed this before too,

Its kind of cool if you're playing an IA with the editor enabled as you can look at the enemy base.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

I used to use it all the time in SP. Some radar cheat code, I forget which, enabled it. I would use it to arrange screenshots. Then it lost it's ability to move and only recently regained the use of the movement keys.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Was it game.cheat bzview? I never found what that did.

Never found out how to leave the "fourth-person" view either. Anybody?

TheJamsh

SHIFT+ F10 in the editor activates the free satellite. What i wanted to do was trigger the shift+f12 for users in MP so they could 'spectate' in certain game types, e.g. if its a wave type game and you have to sit the round out until youre teammates die or finish the wave.

bigbadbogie

Isn't there a way to activate it via the console?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

haven't tried... can't find anything though

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

Quote from: TheJamsh on September 20, 2009, 11:04:20 AM
What is the purpose of this mode? It seems to disconnect you from youre ship and allow you to move around as you please.

This could be very useful if a .dll could trigger it... say for spectating purposes...

Isn't it for making movies?
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

its probably inadvertadly triggered by the camera sequences...

DAMN BBB good work :D. now to get it to work in multi...

Nielk1

Jamsh, if you want weird camera things for a spectator a follow cam might be best.

Click on the image...

TopGun

The cheat code for your radar is I think    game.cheat bzradar    I hope this is what your looking for.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

Clavin12

I never found out what game.cheat bzview did.
C l a v i n 1 2

TopGun

That  game.cheat bzview   might have been for a older version of BZ.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen