• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Google something.

Started by Clavin12, September 22, 2009, 02:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Is the google modeling program sketchup just for google earth models or can it possibly be converted for bz2?
C l a v i n 1 2

Feared_1

Why not just take a screenshot of the image and use Winter to export to .TER?

ScarleTomato

i think he's talking about using it to make objects into XSIs. Like buildings and things

GSH

BZ2 requires you to use very specific input file formats (.x, .xsi from 1999). If sketchup exports that, great. I bet it doesn't export that, though.

-- GSH

Clavin12

I just found out. I can export to something that blender can import and thus can probably be put into bz2.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

I've tried using the Sketchup2Blender scheme.  Doesn't work too well.  Sketchup Pro exports to 3ds, which is a much better interim format, in my opinion.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

ScarleTomato

yeah... its also 500 bucks  :|

anyone seen this yet? http://www.massgate.net/read.php?39454,410504

Nielk1

Quote from: ScarleTomato on September 27, 2009, 09:27:32 PM
yeah... its also 500 bucks  :|

anyone seen this yet? http://www.massgate.net/read.php?39454,410504

Wrong version of XSI. I see 'XSI Mod Tool' and I instantly know it is wrong.

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

what about using 3dex to revert it to an older version?

Nielk1

Quote from: ScarleTomato on September 27, 2009, 10:24:25 PM
what about using 3dex to revert it to an older version?

Why not use it in the first place on the export from Sketchup?

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

i don't have a 3dex that sees .dae, .skp or .kmz

If you know of a version that does that'd be great

Nielk1

Odd, Sketchup has 3DS for me. They remove it and make it a pay only export format in some later version?

Click on the image...

VSMIT

Perhaps.  Does it successfully export to 3ds?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

ScarleTomato

Quote from: Nielk1 on September 28, 2009, 12:18:35 AM
Odd, Sketchup has 3DS for me. They remove it and make it a pay only export format in some later version?
You wouldn't happen to have the installer for that older version would you? Mine makes you pay for the 3ds Export. Still imports for free though.

edit: Found a plugin for sketchup 1.0 to export to 3ds but i can't find 1.0 http://wareseeker.com/Graphic-Apps/3ds-export-for-sketchup-1.0.zip/7d3806500