• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is there a way to have 5.1 as a standalone install?

Started by ScarleTomato, September 23, 2009, 12:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

I'm usually running around throughout the day on many different computers, and play around with BZ in my free time. To do this i usually install it on a USB2.0 drive instead of on an internal drive so that I can take it with me. Unfortunately, with the new TA5 patches it has the VSNET (or something, can't remember exactly) that installs with it. Is there any way to get this to install standalone so that I can still play on a computer that never had the proper install?

GSH

Those installers (Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and DirectX 9) are installed in the 'redist' folder. You could put them on your USB stick, and manually run all three of those installers on a new computer. Just need to do that once, then they should stay. Just look for the .exe files under redist.

-- GSH

Nielk1

I've had cases where the PCs already had that stuff, and having it doesn't hurt. Just remember if its gives the options Remove/Uninstall and Repair/Modify only, then you can just cancel that one as it detected it was already installed.

Click on the image...