• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What would prevent the TA5 Beta 1 install folder from being deleted?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, September 24, 2009, 09:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I know there's no uninstall utility and 5.1 doesn't appear in the windows add/remove thingy. I run xp home sp3, but when I attempt to delete the installation folder I get several warnings and can't delete the folder with an access denied message. Seems rather odd. How would one delete the program and it's folder. Sounds like some quirky bug but I don't have a clue otherwise. Anyways, I reinstalled BZ 1.0 and then the 5.1 patch and it seems to start okay now. Any feedback on how to safely uninstall 5.1 should I choose to do so guys?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TopGun

I do not even uninstall it. I make a new copy of the BZ2 1.0 install and then patch it to TA5. So when 1.3 pb 5.1 came out all i did was copy my install of BZ2 1.0 and patched it to PB5.1. Its alot easier if you just keep a fresh copy of the BZ2 install. Now if you do not have enough Hard Drive space you can just keep to copies of BZ2. One being to fresh install and the other copy being the PB5.1 patched game.

As to removing TA5 I do not know how to remove it. I have many many installs of BZ2 with them being different mods and patches so I have no need to uninstall it. I just keep it just in case there is a TA5 game up. And TA5 Works with FS so I keep it for that to.

RD might know how to uninstall it.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

ScarleTomato

it sounds like there may be something still accessing it. If that's the case, shutting down and restarting it might release the hold on it.

If not, it sounds like the file got corrupted somehow. try booting up into the administrator account (not your admin account, THE Administrator account) and try deleting it. If that doesn't work repost and I can take you through modifying the permissions on the files.

AHadley

Some people don't like it, but Unlocker can release program's holds on things without closing the programs if you need them.

Nielk1

I love Unlocker, who doesn't like it?

Sorry if it's changed a little, I hit Modify instead of Reply. Globmod powers take some getting used to.

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

Quote from: AHadley on September 25, 2009, 09:56:10 AM
Lots of people don't like it, but Unlocker can release program's holds on things without closing the programs if you need them.
ahha! I knew there was something like that, but i couldn't remember what the name was. I'd say google for unlocker BNG.

AHadley

Red Devil

Download/Install Process Explorer from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

After you gt it running, search for bzone.exe and any of the other items in the install and it will tell you what is holding onto it, which you can then remove.

GSH pointed me to it awhile back and I've been using it ever since.

You can set it as the replacement for Task Mananger in the options pulldown.

It's made by Mark Russinovich, who knows more about MS internals than MS, so they hired him.  :lol:

He also has a number of other excellent utilities (use with caution):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx

What box???

Red Devil

What box???