• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

version miss match?

Started by RustyGuns, September 25, 2009, 01:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyGuns

hi guys

i am running the new mod and can't seem to join games that are running the same mod?  is there a new patch for the new mod?  or are they using some kind of add on?  if so where do i get all the addons?

Red Devil

what was the name of the session and map?
What box???

AHadley

Which new mod? Do you mean TA5.1? If you do it could simply be a connection problem, some bad assets, or even a server setup problem. Double check for us, will you?

Also, are you getting error spews / console spam?

bb1

Version mismatch is a BZ1 issue. Are you even talking about BZ2 here?

RustyGuns

Quote from: bb1 on September 25, 2009, 09:46:55 PM
Version mismatch is a BZ1 issue. Are you even talking about BZ2 here?

good god  :)  when u see a "V" infront of the same game version as i have, you will get a version missmatch error if you try to enter.  seems like a pretty common thing in bz2 :P

i did think it may be  server set up or router prob because i cannot host.  but i do seem to get into some games...just not all 

RustyGuns

Quote from: Red Devil on September 25, 2009, 01:07:51 PM
what was the name of the session and map?
i guess i need to start writing them down  :)

RustyGuns

Quote from: AHadley on September 25, 2009, 02:38:32 PM
Which new mod? Do you mean TA5.1? If you do it could simply be a connection problem, some bad assets, or even a server setup problem. Double check for us, will you?

Also, are you getting error spews / console spam?

no console spam and only two error spews . i am betting server set up probs :)

Nielk1

V means different version, that is why it is red.

Click on the image...

Dx

I think the best thing would be, not to see games on the server that are incompatable.

Red Devil

There's a setting in Gameprefs.ini you can copy over to LocalPrefs.ini:

// Shows all games in the server list, regardless of versioning.  If
// false, only shows games with the same Gamespy version.
ShowAllGames = false
What box???

TheJamsh

BTW, the patch is Public Beta 5.1, NOT Tech Alpha 5.1. People are getting confused here...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

If a game is red, don't try to join it. Simple as that.