• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

More questions...

Started by Josiah, October 05, 2009, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josiah

Is there a flag for a loop animation in the odf for a "buildingprocess" object? Also, can you create a recycler w/o treads? And what do you need to make a tracked vehicle(names, shapes...)? What do you need for the little screen that is in gun towers, recyclers, factories, etc... How do you do engine flames(I have read engine flame repair, no luck)?

Questions, they just keep coming...

AHadley

All I know about is the console, and that needs a __h plate.

TheJamsh

Only Powerplant and Extractor classes support a looping animation, look in there respective ODF's to find out how to do it. Taps are wondeful things however :). If you can program in C++, Nielk1 made a 'loopanimator' class that you can add to an existing .dll. Go to http://www.bzcomplex.com for information on that.

A recycler without treads CANNOT be created, however there are ways to fake it, by having invisible tractor_l and tractor_r objects in the model. You can also make a hover scavenger, that deploys into a recycler building when it deploys onto a scrap pool. This is fine so long as the maps its used on have enogh space to build a base around the scrap pool.

Tracked vehicles. Im NOT a modeller so i can only tell you the basics. The tracked vehicles require Tread_L and Tread_R (left and right). These are the 'holders' for the tracks and must be made of one object each. You then have Tractor_L and Tractor_R, which are the animated parts of the tread (the actual moving texture on tracks). These must be child objects of Tread_L and Tread_R, and each SIDE must be one object, you CAN have multiple tracks on each side, but the treads and tractors must be under one frame.

For screens (Terminals are there correct name), you need a 'Terminal' object. the holder can be whatever you want, but the terminal object will be the little flat square. Terminals can ONLY be used with a building that has a terrain__h plate, and do NOT work on tapped objects.

Engine flames require a mesh called 'flame_1'. You can have multiple flame meshes by using _2, _3 etc... These MUST be triangulated meshes, hence the tutorial on how to fix them, as sometimes they export as something else. Im not so sre about flame meshes, someone else can fill the gap.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 06, 2009, 03:57:21 AM
Engine flames require a mesh called 'flame_1'. You can have multiple flame meshes by using _2, _3 etc... These MUST be triangulated meshes, hence the tutorial on how to fix them, as sometimes they export as something else. Im not so sre about flame meshes, someone else can fill the gap.

They must NOT be triangulated mesh, but they often end up triangulated, hence the guide to fix them.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Would anybody be able to texture the 'Untextured Debris' object in the editor? It would make a wonderful adition to the pilot loot map. If that DLL gets finished after the crash.

TheJamsh

I found a LOT of PDM toys the other day... on planet battlezone of all places... haven't looked through it yet but..

I don't see why we are waiting for a .dll when ZEMOD includes one. I'm sure space wouldn't mind if we asked nicely. He let me use his maps after all.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 06, 2009, 01:58:03 PM
I'm sure space wouldn't mind if we asked nicely. He let me use his maps after all.

With lots of concessions, and note the DLL is not up to date for the latest BZ2. Such minor changes to a DLL as spawning are easy, just not at the top of my list right now.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

not surprised :lol:, didnt think about up-to-dateness though. It DOES work in 1.3 (the ze for 1.3 build), but could be potentially buggy

Steeveeo

A recycler without treads CANNOT be created...
What of the RecyclerH class? I think I remember seeing that around somewhere.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Quote from: Steeveeo on October 08, 2009, 06:01:29 AM
What of the RecyclerH class? I think I remember seeing that around somewhere.

No, that was never mentioned that I know and if it was that person did not know much or was asking for it to be made.

Click on the image...

Josiah

Quote from: TheJamsh
You can also make a hover scavenger...

Ok, I can't find an example odf to make one, could you give me the basic odf? Or, if it is the same as a tracked scav, and only the classlabel(I'm still waiting for the list) is different, what is the name of the classlabel?

bigbadbogie

There is one in QF Mod, and one in MRVP.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 06, 2009, 01:58:03 PM
I found a LOT of PDM toys the other day... on planet battlezone of all places... haven't looked through it yet but...

Nice, could you linky me?

TheJamsh

yeeep. i downloaded them all, but havent used them still.

http://www.planetbattlezone.com/pilotmod/

bigbadbogie

Terminals can ONLY be used with a building that has a terrain__h plate

WRONG!!

The Phaer-Rhan buildings with terminals do NOT have terrain__h plates.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com