• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Potentially Dangerous Download

Started by Feared_1, October 05, 2009, 06:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feared_1

A particularly shy friend of mine is having troubles downloading TA5.1.

He is telling me that vista warns him that the download is "potentially dangerous", and doesn't let him do it. I thought this issue was brought up before but nothing came up in a search, so I'm asking again.

Anyone know the problem?

GSH

That's because the .zip and the installer .exe aren't digitally signed by MS. That costs $$$. All BZ2 patches are the same way.

-- GSH

AHadley

Tell him to try lowering his security settings to let it in, since the issue hasn't surfaced anywhere the problem must be on his end.

GreenHeart

I bet his problem maybe caused by using Internet Explorer to download the file.  In the past I've run into security issues after using internet explorer to download files & didn't receive any issues if i used  firefox or opera.   If he downloaded that file with internet explorer then tell him to get a better browser like firefox or opera that has better security settings to redownload the file with.  Internet explorer comes prepacked with bad security settings thanks to microsoft.

Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

TheJamsh

My advice:

download firefox and dosnload TA5.1 in that.

go OFFLINE

turn antivirus off, then install, turn antivirus back on. Reboot.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Wraith

Opera compiles to much internet junk overtime so Mozilla Firefox would be best bet. Lowering the security settings would not be a good idea imo and also turning off the Antivirus has no effect in installing things 90% of the time but do reboot after installing patch and everything included with it.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Arbystrider

Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM

*Tug on fishing rod* Oh yes I gotcha siggy quote!!!

And yeah IE is like so evil... it's so slow but I don't know why my mom still uses it. She thinks that EVERYTHING is "potentially dangerous". That's what she said.

HECK what was I thinking, using IE4 for 5 years.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Wraith

Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

sabrebattletank

Angstromicus

Agreed.

For my vista install, Firefox AND bzuniverse OR gmail = no login.

Google Chrome works, though  :-D!

GreenHeart

one fast way to get your computer infested by a bunch of viruses is turning off your antivirus without disconnecting from the internet & having microsoft's auto update run when your not fully patched up so make sure you disable your internet before turning off your anti-virus.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

jack_soundcraft

I used safari instead of internet explorer and it worked .

Arbystrider

Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

VSMIT

Quote from: Arbystrider on October 17, 2009, 12:40:42 AM
Ohhh I hate Apples.
Thanks for your unnecessary post.  Don't worry, we hate you, too.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

You've offended the macman. I'd advise you not to do that again.