• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

animating visual HP's

Started by TheJamsh, October 17, 2009, 10:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i assume it is perfectly possible to animate HP's by movement? What i want to know is, in a visual HP, will the attached XSI follow the animation? will it clip? any ideas?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Warfreak

Considering that the ISDF Pilot rifle moves along with the arm...

YES!!! However the visual HP will remain static until animation is applied to it via the weapon odf itself. (Just like the Rifles)

mrtwosheds

Yes.
My gun towers animate and have weapon models.
However I would not recommend animating the hp_dock frame (visual hp) itself, animate one of its parent objects and it will move with it.
I can't see any good reason for animating a dock, unless you want to make a pilot look like he has dropped his gun...

TheJamsh

exactly that, or putting weapons on his back...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

The stock pilots do not have the HP_hand as a child of hp_dock, so the firing point would not move with the gun if you animated the dock.
I assume you mean to have 2 gun models/weapons on 2 docks that swap as the pilot switches modes, it could work, but the animations for the pilot could be very tricky to do.

Yes you can animate the docks, I did it by mistake.