• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey, would you look at that. It's story time! PT. 3 POSTED!

Started by VSMIT, October 20, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

If I was wrong about the meaning of his statement I made such an error with the knowledge of his previous actions.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Quote from: sabrebattletank on October 25, 2009, 01:47:51 PM
Nono, he means the name Aeneads belongs with the story of Aeneas. Read the next half of his statement:

The antecedent of "their" is not "the story writers". It's the "real Aeneads."
I know I just put the apostrophe there to make it more readable.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 25, 2009, 02:45:37 PM
I know I just put the apostrophe there to make it more readable.
OK.

I personally like Aenaeds, it just sounds... good.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

OK.

I personally don't like Aenaeds, it just sounds... bad. Cmon guys Aeneas was a person. It's not an entire race of Aeneas's.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Tempest Storm

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 25, 2009, 02:51:26 PM
OK.

I personally like Aenaeds, it just sounds... bad. Cmon guys Aeneas was a person. It's not an entire race of Aeneas's.

I think that you are missing the point of using the Aeneads as a name. "The Aeneads" was the title of Aeneas' followers. Naming the Cthonian 3rd faction as they Aeneads makes reference to the Trojan people who followed Aeneas on his journey to eventually establish Rome, not to Aeneas himself.

Clavin12

And why did this particular Cthonian faction want to follow a Trojan refugee? He wasn't even Greek!
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Clavin, the idea was that they left.  If you can't make constructive comments based on things people have posted, people are going to stop listening to you (if they were, already).
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Warfreak

If you are gonna be a prick about this stop before you get the boot. It's a stupid thing to be arguing anyway.

AHadley

Let's have as little about names as possible, please. Story only from here on.

iron maiden

yes sir, i believe that is why the other thread was made.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

AHadley

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.