• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey, would you look at that. It's story time! PT. 3 POSTED!

Started by VSMIT, October 20, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

AHadley

VSMIT

Part Three: Non-Hostile

Both factions simultaneously decide that the Scions are not necessarily hostile, and both declare their intentions (not necessarily truthfully) and offer to help the Scions escape their planet. The choice of which faction to join is delegated to the Lieutenant.

If the player chooses the first faction (the Hadeans, though the player doesn't know this yet), the next few missions will revolve around attempting to recover parts required for the repair of a damaged StarPortal, which is as yet the only exit from the doomed planet.

If the player chooses to fight with the second faction (the Olympians), the next few missions revolve around reaching the parts for the StarPortal before the Hadeans, and then capturing the StarPortal from them. This is the harder set of missions, much like the Scion set in the original game.

As the portal is switched online by the player's side, a mysterious third faction reveal themselves to the player, who introduce themselves as Cthonians, explain the story of their race fully, and reveal that they have been orchestrating the events right from the beginning. They present the Scion/EDF force with the same technology they discovered at the beginning, telling them to take it with them to the other side of the portal and to hide it. An experimental Scion automatic defensive recycler is also given to them, though with no explanation for how it was obtained, for them to take to defend the drive. A small task force is formed from this force and some of the third faction's members just as a massive enemy attack is detected. The remaining members of the collaboration between the Scion/EDF force and the two allied Cthonian factions remain behind to defend the portal as the task force passes through. The Lieutenant opens a private communications channel with the commander. Their conversation needs no explanation.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

yay!, and once my poll is complete, we'll have a name for them!

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

when do think we could have it? I'm on the verge of losing it by the lack of possible threads there are to justly create by not having the whole thing.

VSMIT

I keep waiting for people to post comments or criticisms for each of the parts, and thus far, I've only seen such for the backstory and the first part.  There is a reason why I only post single parts, and why I wait so long between posting them...

Clavin12

I think the names and stuff are more controversial than the story.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

NK1 made a comment about it being a bit thin and watered-down, but we've deliberately left things for the rest of the community to help out with.

Clavin12

It doesn't have an ultimate antagonist. In Bz2 braddock was the ultimate antagonist and in FE, I don't remember, But I'm sure there was one. Its no good if there's nobody to hate.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 08, 2009, 08:01:10 AM
It doesn't have an ultimate antagonist. In Bz2 braddock was the ultimate antagonist and in FE, I don't remember, But I'm sure there was one. Its no good if there's nobody to hate.

FE's were both Braddock and Wyndt-Essex, if I remember correctly :lol:

I'm sure the community could invent an arrogant Scion Padisha who has a grudge on the main character... maybe for falling in love with his daughter or something... :evil:

Clavin12

I would like a Cthonian one. I have a great name for it. "The Great Diabolus" Probably Hadean.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 08, 2009, 08:09:27 AM
I would like a Cthonian one. I have a great name for it. "The Great Diabolus" Probably Hadean.

Except that you choose a side, so if you choose Hadeans you'll be teamed up with him,

this is why we cant have one distinct bad guy.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2