• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey, would you look at that. It's story time! PT. 3 POSTED!

Started by VSMIT, October 20, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Then there was a distinct sense of the right side, and the wrong side. Everybody accepts that the Scions were the protagonists of BZ2. Either side could be the protagonists at the moment.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Mr X on November 08, 2009, 11:52:57 AM
Except that you choose a side, so if you choose Hadeans you'll be teamed up with him,

this is why we cant have one distinct bad guy.

Paternus and Nexus? Or is this before their time?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

VSMIT

Well, you're not fighting on Icarus, so I'm not sure how closely Paternus and Nexus are watching this little "battle."

Edit: Dangit, AHadley, beat me by a couple of seconds.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

Question: If either side you chose does not have a defiant protagonist as of now, who can say is the real bad guy? :|
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Mr X

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

A story without a definite antagonist is a bad story. It's missing a primary part.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

:| not fully understanding this here, so there is no actual good or bad guy?

Mr X

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

Do you not know what a story is made of? It has to have a definite antagonist. I didn't say the antagonist had to be a person. I didn't say it had to be singular either, but it has to have a definite antagonist.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Clavin: You're 14.  You don't yet know what a good story needs.

Drop it.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

My dad's a writer. I've taken several classes from him. I've got books and all sorts of references. I've even written some (nothing I'd post here). I think I do know what a story needs. A Protagonist, an Antagonist, a Major Conflict, a Climax, and a Resolution. These are the basics of a story. Without an Antagonist the story is missing something.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

A story does not need an antagonist.  Most have one, but that is only because it makes it easier for readers to distinguish "right" from "wrong."  If you need a definite antagonist, look elsewhere.

iron maiden

perhaps we could make it that whichever side you join, some piece of information is learned about them that makes the player feel the opposite side ifs the definite antagonist

AHadley

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 08, 2009, 02:14:06 PM
My dad's a writer. I've taken several classes from him. I've got books and all sorts of references. I've even written some (nothing I'd post here). I think I do know what a story needs. A Protagonist, an Antagonist, a Major Conflict, a Climax, and a Resolution. These are the basics of a story. Without an Antagonist the story is missing something.

Clavin. Your dad is a writer. Let's say that's half a point.

Mr X and myself are both writers. Let's say that's two points.

What wins?