• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey, would you look at that. It's story time! PT. 3 POSTED!

Started by VSMIT, October 20, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Quote from: VSMIT on November 08, 2009, 02:19:02 PM
A story does not need an antagonist.  Most have one, but that is only because it makes it easier for readers to distinguish "right" from "wrong."  If you need a definite antagonist, look elsewhere.

Without an antagonist there is nothing to fight. I don't think you get what I'm saying. I didn't say the antagonist was definitely "wrong" and the protagonist was definitely "right". I meant that we need an enemy in the end or you don't have a story.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 08, 2009, 03:24:17 PM
Without an antagonist there is nothing to fight. I don't think you get what I'm saying. I didn't say the antagonist was definitely "wrong" and the protagonist was definitely "right". I meant that we need an enemy in the end or you don't have a story.

And we have an enemy, the side you don't join,

For frak's sake CLAVIN WHY MUST YOU CHALLENGE EVERYTHING!?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 08, 2009, 03:24:17 PM
Read Huckleberry Finn sometime.  Or Brave New World.  Or Invisible Man.  And tell me who the antagonists are.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

Quote from: VSMIT on November 08, 2009, 03:34:37 PM
Read Huckleberry Finn sometime.  Or Brave New World.  Or Invisible Man.  And tell me who the antagonists are.

The antagonists are inhuman and abstract but they do exist.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

QuoteRead Huckleberry Finn sometime.  Or Brave New World.  Or Invisible Man.  And tell me who the antagonists are.

only read brave new world and part of invisible man, but i would have to cast my vote for the antagonist being society.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

Or don't read Brave New World. That's what I recommend.

AHadley

sabrebattletank

iron maiden

I don't blame him, it is a very difficult book and when looking back quite scary. It takes a person skilled in reading and writing to truly understand it.[Also, listen to iron maiden song of same name, solo's are amazing!]

sabrebattletank

I understand it. I don't like it.

Oh well, that's beside the point. Back on topic!

iron maiden

agreed, know, as for the whole antagonist matter it has occurred to me that be doing the plot fork in the beginning of the game may lead to a smaller amount of missions. How many should we have, i'm looking to about 13-14, how about ya'all?

VSMIT

Why would it end up being shorter if the fork was at the beginning?

iron maiden

not sure, just seemed to me that there would be less since you immediately had to pick a side, i guess I'm just thinking in the old BZ2 way.