• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey, would you look at that. It's story time! PT. 3 POSTED!

Started by VSMIT, October 20, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 17, 2009, 02:06:42 PM
Its a Game! Games are supposed to be fun. I think the ending would be fine if the people who escape actually survive.

...game? what?

Clavin, we all know your views. However, they aren't supported by anybody else. Everybody seems to be in agreement about it. It would seem to be you vs the rest of the community.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

by the way i interpret the story, The scion task force establishes the defenses on the moon that you arrive at in the beginning, the neding thus comes full circle as the saga plays itself out years later.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

No, the scions that escape establish the defenses around the srive and eventually die. The scions in the future arrive at this moon with those established defenses and the story starts over again.[At least thats what I think will happen.]

Clavin12

What if you have them survive on a planet undiscovered until much later, Thus setting up for another mod.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

Possible, but i think if you have them discovered again in the future it would be a little more......cohesive.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Well Clavin, do you remember how at the beginning there were units that looked almost scion but not quite?

Quote from: AHadley on November 17, 2009, 02:23:40 PM
It would seem to be you vs the rest of the community.

So whats new? :P
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

I remember. they could be part of the original base that was destroyed, but the survivors escaped to a yet undiscovered planet, leaving the torn up base.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

If you set it up for another mod you would have people going nuts because they have to wait 2 more years for the sequel to come out. If you have a full circle ending, everything is wrapped up and the player feels nice and cozy and goes gets come coco to toast his success.

iron maiden

QuoteI remember. they could be part of the original base that was destroyed, but the survivors escaped to a yet undiscovered planet.

Then how did the defenses get there if the survivors go somewhere else? The scions would most likely not have sufficient materials to establish a strong automated defense network.

Clavin12

They find resources. They leave ppl there. Idk, but surely you can think of something. Whats your reason for keeping it the way it is?

So what if they have to wait. We don't even have to include that part in the story. We just have to leave that little sentence out and then when the next mod comes out ppl will be all surprised because they realise that they never did learn what happened to the scions. We could even keep in the fact the the base was destroyed. maybe show a movie clip with a small carrier off in the corner escaping. Barely noticeable.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 17, 2009, 02:45:20 PM
I remember. they could be part of the original base that was destroyed, but the survivors escaped to a yet undiscovered planet, leaving the torn up base.

Because, theres nothing particularly special about this task force. And one starportal on a lifeless moon is believeable, two is pointless. And they don't have the facilities to make a star-carrier.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

Quote from: Mr X on November 17, 2009, 02:49:54 PM
Because, theres nothing particularly special about this task force. And one starportal on a lifeless moon is believeable, two is pointless.
I didn't say anything about a second portal. Read the above post.
C l a v i n 1 2