• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Soundtracks... again...

Started by AHadley, October 21, 2009, 12:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

I tend to spend my free time at school in the music tech lab. I do some work there, but occasionally I get really bored with it and just fiddle with Cubase.

I would like to put forward the results to the community project.

So far I have one track fully written (it's short, very sad, and ideal for the end of the last scene that none of you know about yet) and one being worked on (heavy rock, edging metal, very good for aggressive combat). Jamsh has seen these results but I'll get them up to Youtube or Mediafire or something for you all to see.

VSMIT

Do some Reason stuff, if your school has it on the computers.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

We don't, unfortunately.

The second track I was talking about is coming along very very well, it's a shame that it's half-term now as I can't work on it for a week, but as soon as I get back it should be finished pretty quickly and I'll upload it too.

sabrebattletank

I thought that the soundtracks were going to come last -- I think it might be prudent at this time to make soundtracks with the hope, but not the certainty, that they would be used in the CP.

AHadley

That's what I'm doing - though I've got insider info already cause I know the story :P

sabrebattletank

Ok cool. I should probably check out what jaunx is available at my school...

Zero Angel

On Shane Ward's map 'jungle purification', whenever a boss appeared, boss battle music would kick in. I thought this was a feature that should be implimented in other mods.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

It can be so long as .dll is used. I too would like to add special music when events change, like more exciting when the bass is under attack etc.

Its very much possible, thankfully i have reason here at home, and cubase (yuck), so i can do a fair bit. Hopefully ill get an mbox soon.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 27, 2009, 04:11:21 AM
Its very much possible, thankfully i have reason here at home, and cubase (yuck), so i can do a fair bit. Hopefully ill get an mbox soon.
Hey, I've got Reason, too!

Quotelike more exciting when the bass is under attack etc.
They're attacking the bass?  Oh no! :-D
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Damn that Sea Bass! Knew he'd reveal out position...

sabrebattletank

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

AHadley

Quote from: sabrebattletank on October 27, 2009, 02:25:42 PM
Quick! Summon the Basshunter!

Nonono! For the love of God, please don't do that!

*rummages for earmuffs*

TheJamsh

You know (i hope) that sea bass is a fish right :D?

Bless the Basshunter! He saved us....

Okay back on topic...

AHadley

Track 2 finished. Expect all the tracks to be available for preview on YouTube soon.