• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ok, lets give everything a name (voting on the third faction homeworld)

Started by Mr X, October 25, 2009, 11:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the third faction homeworld be called?

Aenea (or a corruption thereof)
Aetheria
Alyssia
asphodelia
Artemus

Clavin12

But the leviathan was not evil he was simply powerful and dangerous, and very large, which is why i suggested the name, because the ship is powerful, somewhat dangerous, and very large.
C l a v i n 1 2

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 04, 2009, 12:00:02 PM
But the leviathan was not evil he was simply powerful and dangerous, and very large, which is why i suggested the name, because the ship is powerful, somewhat dangerous, and very large.

Maybe not in Greek mythology, but in fiction on the other hand...
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

Well i kind of figured that we were basing this on Greek mythology and not fiction. Why would we base this name on fiction and everything else on Greek mythology? You've heard it from me before but the Cthonians are the entire basis of Greek mythology and the scions are their fans.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Clavin12

Who cares if it sounds evil? They will know that it is not evil when they play/read the story. And the leviathan is also a scion type name (titan, matriarch). I read ALOT and a name may paint that picture but it disappears once the story is read.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

And yet you're still expecting everyone who plays the mod to read the story...
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 04, 2009, 12:36:36 PM
Who cares if it sounds evil? They will know that it is not evil when they play/read the story. And the leviathan is also a scion type name (titan, matriarch). I read ALOT and a name may paint that picture but it disappears once the story is read.

Titan I understand, but a matriarch is just the head elephant of a herd and nothing to do with the point you are trying to make,

the fact is, like it or lump it, leviathon has become synonimous with monsters.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

I only read the story of FE properly on my last time through. I have a tendency to skip through briefings and debriefings, which means I often miss out on big chunks of story. When I grew out of this I realised just how much I was missing out on.

And Matriarch just meane 'female leader'.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

iron maiden

love that show! :-D

[by the way, love Sabrebattletank's new picture.]
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Quote from: iron maiden on November 04, 2009, 06:57:31 PM
[by the way, love Sabrebattletank's new picture.]

Thanks! It's of my own design actually, just made it yesterday.

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 04, 2009, 07:00:38 PM
Hows this: The Napoleon

Hows this: NO.

The votes are going, some of the names in the pole look pretty good.
I chose Argo II but it's tied for second ATM.

Click on the image...

Josiah

"Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears? Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more. Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him? None is so fierce that dare stir him up..." Job 41:7-10

Leviathan would be an awesome name! None is so fierce that dare stir him up...