• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I have an idea

Started by Clavin12, October 28, 2009, 06:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

I have a few suggestions for the project.

First, I had an idea for a new mode. In this mode there would be two team each starting out on the opposite sides of the map. The teams should not be able to reach each other. this would be done with something like a giant m-curtain or something. The teams would build up their bases then build an army. there would be a limited time that each had to build all this. Once the time is up the shields are lifted and the armies battle. Whoever wins the big battle wins the game. It could be called Army mode or something like that.

Second, I played with some ppl online a little while ago and was wondering if it would be possible to integrate the ability to save multiplayer games. Maybe every player would have to save or only the host. if the latter then the host only had to open his game and anyone could fill in for the previous players. Idk if it would work or not but it seemed reasonably reasonable.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

It's impossible to save MP games. Period.

The mode isnt really that different from strat with recycler protection. You could increase recycler protection to whatever you want on a per-map basis (ivar##max & ivar##min).

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

How bout this. The bases cant be attacked period. whoever wins the battle wins the game and if you don't build an army you automatically lose. you could make it somewhat like KOTH.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

It would be better if the first team to control EVERY extractor point is the winner (if you hold them for a certain period of time, which is adjustable), and the base cannot be killed off (buildings with maxHealth = 0).

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Axeminister

Why not play Battlefield 2 or Command and Conquer: Renegade then.
I know I'm not helping build this mod, but I am part of the community and I believe the game play should stay true to the default action/strategy that Battlezone II represents. The mod single player missions just needs to be  new adventures, multiplayer new maps and enemies/weapons.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Clavin12

Of course it would be optional.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Axeminister on October 28, 2009, 08:59:31 AM
I know I'm not helping build this mod

You're certainly welcome to! We would dearly appreciate it.

Axeminister

I know nothing of modding. I'm just a player that has had this game since it came out and love to play. I've spent a lot of time testing the patches and we test G66 with Red Devil. But we're sort of getting tired of testing and I'm working a lot on my original music here lately. I have about 15 songs to work on. But I love the way the story line progressed for this Community Project. Should be a blast. I just noticed Clavins suggestion and thought it would be better to stick to traditional game play. That is why we all love Battlezone II, it is like no other game. I'm sure we'll have a hand in testing when it comes to that point. We plan on buying new pc's with our income tax money, can't wait!
There is no knowledge that is not power.