• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Question about frm-whatever on a BZII model

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, October 29, 2009, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Does frm- attached to an existing part have a special meaning for the game engine? Just wonder as I tried adding this prefix to the main headings in my models names. It seems to have some effect when applied by making the tread/track section appear differently. Without frm- the tracks push the main body up to sit mid point on the body. With them the tracks stayed wrapped around the main body section as I created them, so I was just wondering as Threed already adds the frm- thingy when I convert an X model to XSI. Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

VSMIT

They're basically "cages," keeping the mesh in place.

I think.

They're also used in stock vertex animation, especially with the pilots.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

There is the Frame and then there is the mesh. Note that most editors use just mesh and then put it in frames when you export. BZ2 can have empty frames, other than that I don't see the advantage, it's just the format.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.