• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Space ship WIP =)

Started by Crewman87, November 02, 2009, 12:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewman87

Hey guys,

Figured I'd show this off since it's my first mod in a few years lol.

Spent about a day getting this idea to work sloppily... But I managed to get it to work to some satisfaction. So I made this.

Has two cannons (suppost to act as a turret but that isn't working yet) with a custom doomsday weapon I'm also touching up. This ship acts a unit and will attack enemies (as long as they aren't moving lol).

What do you all think so far?

Nielk1

Looks a little small, but very nice.

Click on the image...

Crewman87

Heh yeah. Big objects and collisions.... Im sure I don't have to explain the problems it has lol.

Zero Angel

That's pretty cool.  :-D

Try these things on for size:

classLabel = "apc"
aiName = "MorphTankFriend"
aiName2 = "MorphTankEnemy"
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

Not bad, but have you seen the thing from the addon pack i put together? About 40 turrets on one unit :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

Can't get turret to work? Make it a hoverassaulttank :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Crewman87

Quote from: TheJamsh
Not bad, but have you seen the thing from the addon pack i put together? About 40 turrets on one unit :P

How in the heck is that even possible? It actually works?

Quote from: General BlackDragonCan't get turret to work? Make it a hoverassaulttank

Is that only supported due to 1.3? I tried to use the patch but my shell took a beating (crazy colors, lines, very dysfunctional to use.) and that was even with a fresh install using the standard Bz2 game. Any suggestions to why that happened?

General BlackDragon

did you install the DirectX9.0c+ that came with the 1.3 installer?

Are your drivers up to date?

is your computer made this century?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Quote from: Crewman87 on November 02, 2009, 05:09:05 PM
How in the heck is that even possible? It actually works?

Is that only supported due to 1.3? I tried to use the patch but my shell took a beating (crazy colors, lines, very dysfunctional to use.) and that was even with a fresh install using the standard Bz2 game. Any suggestions to why that happened?

It sounds almost certainly like your video card drivers don't like something about 1.3. You could try upgrading or downgrading them. Downgrading the videocard drivers arent a big deal unless you run the very latest games (which are often the reason that new videocard drivers come out)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

Yep it works perfectly. Difference is, its a vehicle first, then it deploys into a building, with the 30+ tapped turrets. Takes time to get the models right, but it does work.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?