• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Walkers now walking under water... but why?

Started by TheJamsh, November 02, 2009, 03:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

I know this has been around a while (im not THAT slow). But WHY are walkers able to walk under water in stock now, (something they never used to be able to do, and an obvious balance issue), and yet tracked vehicles did not suffer this change?

Other modes always killed off walkers if they strayed under water, and now im getting pretty damn annoyed with my expensive attilas wandering off under a lake, then them not being able to get out (because maps were NOT designed to have walkers run under neath the water).

Surely this is a change that should be reverted? It hasn't fixed anything, and its perfectly possible via ODF flags without any code changing to restore the old behaviour. Im sure someone is going to say the words 'recycler variant' to me here at some point, but stock NEVER had this before one of the 1.3 patches.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

ScarleTomato

what version killed walkers underwater? I don't ever remember walkers getting hurt under water, but i'd rather have the chance of tugging them out before them dying and me loosing 100 scrap.

Red Devil

From PB2 CL:

[WalkerClass]
CanWaterDamage = false // false means no underwater damage. Lava will still damage

Water can also be set to damage/not damage vehicles.
What box???

ScarleTomato

ooh nice, I might just put that on my scavs, i hate trying to guide them through marsh maps.

General BlackDragon

RD Posted the walker version of it. But I think there is a version for tracked vehicles, one sec...

[TrackedVehicleClass]
CanWaterDamage = true // false means no underwater damage. Lava will still damage

Yah, goes under trackedvehicleclass instead. :)

also bombers and APCS have

OverWater = true // true = set altitude is over water height, if present

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Walkers were always able to walk underwater. When attacking the Bane alchemator my favourite method has always been to send some atillas through the lake.

TheJamsh

They never used to walk through water of their own accord though, that much is certain. maulers would always waly around the outside of sea_battle.

Mr X

Quote from: AHadley on November 02, 2009, 09:31:03 AM
Walkers were always able to walk underwater. When attacking the Bane alchemator my favourite method has always been to send some atillas through the lake.

I'm sure you only get 4 scavs on that mission.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

I'm not restrained by the number of scavs :evil:

Not by themselves, no.

RABBITPOLICE

i think its cool that walkers walk under water
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Zero Angel

Walkers could DEFINITELY walk underwater in 1.2. I thought it was always this way. This is the first time I ever heard someone say they had a problem with it.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

When playing ZTV Waterworld with 1.2, I would send a herd of walkers underwater to the Scion base.
What box???

TheJamsh

I always thought they purposefully pathed around it in previous versions... maybe thats why i thought they couldnt go underwater. How odd.

It does get annoying sometimes, most maps are not made for walkers to be able to get out of the water once they are in it, and seeing as they do it on their own now...

Vid

Well I would use sonic wave to push walkers into the water sometimes when defending the AAN base..  Also Maulers would come underwater on Counterattack if you left that base operational long enough.   

Pretty sure they have been ok underwater since 1.2, or maybe 1.0...

iron maiden

all i know is that a constucter can walk underwater fine in stock FE [tranquility mission]
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream