• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Modifications and Suggestion Thread

Started by Clavin12, November 05, 2009, 08:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Mines that are useful and don't disappear after a short time. Ohh and quake mines, lovely quake mines, toned down a good bit so they don't break the maps.  (I have some neat mines to share if we get moving, would love to retool them for the new race if it comes to that.)

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

here are my official suggestions for quality:

1: Remake/Revamp all the stock models, or use completely original ones.

2: Use real collisions, no dumb boxes. for stock models, simply remove the "collision" frame. For models that have animations (spire, matriarch, extractors) take the model, animate it to it's deployed state, then merge all scenes into one model piece and add it as the collision frame. (I have one for matriarch and spire already)

3: Revamp all effects, weapons, etc. I have some very nice renders for the stock weapons, and am good at making weapons in general.

4: Scrap. Make item specific scrap pieces, even partial husks of destroyed ships that require a special scav to go get them. Make each unit explode and drop small pieces of that specific unit behind on the ground as it's scrap.

5: Make very nice new textures for items/sky/ground and try to make good bump maps. ZEMod/FS/FS2 have good textures, maybe lizard and BBB can help with this?

6:Realistic collisions/damage, you can make things hurt more when colliding. I suggest doing this and making things like environmental obstacles solid.

More to come, let me know what you think.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Warfreak

Vehicles HAVE to use dumb boxes.  :-P

I see what you mean with structure collisions.

General BlackDragon

yah. and actuallly, using "boxcollide = 1" on certian vehicles makes their collisions more realistic then a sphere.

AHadley

I agree with all 6 of the above points.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: General BlackDragon on November 10, 2009, 05:55:48 PM
4: Scrap. Make item specific scrap pieces, even partial husks of destroyed ships that require a special scav to go get them. Make each unit explode and drop small pieces of that specific unit behind on the ground as it's scrap.

I'm not so sure about the "special scav" bit. I can just imagine killing a tank on the other side of the map, and thinking "hoot, now I have to build a tank-scav and get it all the way across the map just to collect these couple pieces of scrap, which aren't even worth as much as the tank-scav costs."

So, while I love the idea of item-specific scrap pieces, I think that normal scavengers should be able to scavenge them.

General BlackDragon

oh on, I ment make a scavenger unit that is able to retrieve whole ship husks. *like the main body part of a tank or scout* Possibly to bring back to base to repair.

But that's probably harder to do and was a little more out there.

Here's number 7:

7: In the mission briefing window, Have somebody read the entire mission briefing aloud in a recording. So you listen to the briefing as the default wav that plays.

sabrebattletank

OOohhh... that's a good idea actually.

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

AHadley

Oh, good one.

Just realised that if a BZ2: Enhanced mod ever gets going to take full advantage of PB5.1, all these features could be implemented.

TheJamsh

I love how everything listed and more has been on the serenesis list since dev was started :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

General BlackDragon

as i said, i'd like to help out with that. i might come up with stuff u havnt thought of