• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Modifications and Suggestion Thread

Started by Clavin12, November 05, 2009, 08:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

I probably have no right to start this, but this is a thread for suggesting general modifications and changes.

To start, What would it take to make pilot deaths a little more realistic?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I don't see any reason you shouldn't start a suggestions thread. There are already a few for general ideas.

Take a look at TJ's pilot death effects on youtube, they're much better than the current ones. We should really give improved effects a go, or something along those lines.

TheJamsh

I have pilots that explode when shot by large weapons, and just crumble when shot by smaller weapons, or just die with animation when shot by others. Remember of course, thats partially .dll helped, and took a lot of work to get right with effects.

BUT, my effects for serenesis are strictly for serenesis until its released :P.

However, you can make things more realistic much quicker now... GSH exposed this to all items using [OrdnanceClass] when i put it up... so use it well.

xplPerson = xplVehicle. What this means is, unless pointed directly to another explosion ODF, it will fall back on xplVehicle. It does mean however you have to make 4 explosion files per ordnance now rather than 3 if you want this realism.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

QuotexplPerson = xplVehicle. What this means is, unless pointed directly to another explosion ODF, it will fall back on xplVehicle. It does mean however you have to make 4 explosion files per ordnance now rather than 3 if you want this realism.
Er what?
Do you mean we can put xplPerson into ordnance, and it will do that explosion + the effects defined by classPerson (In iexplosion.odf), or instead of it?

Clavin12

Another suggestion, or a new weapon. A weapon like sonic wave except it goes all the way around a vehicle and comes out in one large boom, clearing the area around you by pushing ships back. It would be a special, and it would be named "Sonic Boom" obviously. Hows it sound?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

iron maiden

agreed, defiantly should make that a special, would be very useful for slow moving units or transports.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

TheJamsh

@ M2S, yes its a new [OrdnanceClass] flag. When it hits a 'person' class, it will use this effect, instead of xplVehicle which it used to use. So for example when a bullet hits a person in current stock, it plays the same explosion as if you were to fire it at a scout.

Now however, you could make this explosion poof out blood/guts. It doesnt effect iexplosion in any way.

[OrdnanceClass]
xplGround
xplBuilding
xplVehicle
xplPerson

like that :)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 09, 2009, 08:20:32 PM
If we EVER start the bloody CP.

Why I started modeling some stuff. I figured if I made some models it might make some of the bickering stop as it would concrete some things.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Another suggestion. A high flying weaponless ship with extremely good radar. Defenseless except for its height. Used for recon and spying. Balanced with high flying fighters or long range laser type guns.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

And yet another suggestion. A weapon specifically for disabling mines. Probably EDF or ISDF or whatever you want to call it. Tey will be there right? Balanced by increasing the power and usefulness of mines.
C l a v i n 1 2