• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Little Missing Bits

Started by AHadley, November 05, 2009, 01:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

This idea was thrown about a while back when I discovered some textures that weren't used fully. I've since had a good look in the XSI pack with 3DE, and I've discovered even more features that were unused and probably should be. Shabayev's own model is never used (she has a normal pilot model with a different head which is animated when she talks). The Bomber doesn't animate as the bomb drops (rising wings and an opening undercarriage). CTF flags don't idle animate.

Hence I propose something that may be shot down before it's even left thr ground. A mod which re-enables all these small features.

Of course, since most of these are model issues (if they can be called that) then I will be useless in fixing them, so I'm just here to present the idea.

TheJamsh

Meh to a mod doing it, wouldn't be much point in that. Serenesis modelling team is going to HATE me because anything that looks like it should move will move... Flags in the wind, trees, etc.

If things like this are to be done, it would be a sort of BZ enhanced style thing, or should become part of a TC (total conversion mod). Which S-mod is, and no doubt the CP will be something quite large-scale.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

I never noticed that the bomber has an animation!, and it works in the model! not referenced in the odf though, I wonder if it works now if it was, I know the apc anims can be made to work. Hmm the bomber does an instant deploy/undeploy to drop its bomb, Im guessing that it may not show up.
Someone with some time on their hands try it out!

Clavin12

Bomber animations would be awesome, as would be apc animations. Why can't they simply be included in the next patch release?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

There was most likely a reason that they were removed from the original 1.0 release. Probably buggy or something... which'll be why they're not included. Either that or some dev forgot. Either way, if they were to be included it would be a) awesome but b) modifying stock assets, which I don't believe GSH and UltraKen will do unless there's a bug.

TheJamsh

The bomber animation doesnt play in-game. I remember this being a feature request on mantis a while ago to get it working, along with the APC one.

AHadley

If GSH and Ken will include this, then consider this a petition :P

Red Devil

I Mantissed (1311) the bomber and dropship animations not working back in August 2008 and it's low priority.
What box???

mrtwosheds

But! I did help test an APC with working animations and internal texture, so that at least is possible.

Red Devil

GH's, which is in G66 2.0 now, which uses arty class.
What box???

AHadley

I'm gonna have to start using that.

TheJamsh

It doesnt behave like an APC though. And although the turret works, it only works when you have landed. Personally id rather see it working when its on the ground but that impossible.