• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Modern Warfare 2

Started by Kite, November 13, 2009, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kite

hybirdisdf

bigbadbogie

CoD 6 actually.

It doesn't offer any dedicated servers... so it probably wont last long.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Ah it will.

MW2 isnt a COD game. COD4 was actually supposed to be another game, but it was bought by another company pre-release, and then became a COD game (thats why #5 went back to WW2).

MW2 is strictly not a COD game. Not that ive played it yet, but i do want to.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

With the lack of dedicated servers and zero modification ability, this product will not last without intervention. Infinity Ward's decision on this stuff pretty much said a big "*Ammo* OFF!" to the PC market.

In short, they will not be getting my money, even if I do play it.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

Gears of War 2 has never had dedicated servers, and 'Host advantage' is insane, but its lasted over 2 years now and still going strong. Worth every penny.

MW2 is half-price already at most of my local supermarkets, so its a small price to pay for a brand-new game. How they can warrant that price i dont know, but its good news for me (when i have a job to pay for it).

It's available on PC, but meh, FPS only works properly on consoles if you ask me.

AHadley

One word: Fanboys.

They're everywhere.

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on November 14, 2009, 03:38:48 AM
They're everywhere.
* Nielk1 looks right and left at other BZ2 boards...

everywhere.....

Click on the image...

Kite

Yeah, It's pretty lame on PC without dedicated servers. Why not have the player choose if he wants a server list or a matchmaking option?

I got it for the 360 and it's pretty fun. Unless everyone's camping.

Tempest Storm

Just for a quick laugh, I saw this in a topic on another forum I frequently visit and it gave me a good chuckle. :)

In my opinion in that regard, would MW2 be better off with dedicated servers? Yeah probably, will it kill the game in the end though? Probably not. Plenty of games exist with excellent MP support in regards to what a lot of people want and are terrible in the end, and there a plenty of successful and fun games with lackluster MP options as well. IMHO as long as it a fun experience to play online, and the matchmaking service works effectively that is more than enough.

AHadley

I don't play MP in many games anyway.

bigbadbogie

I regularly play CoD5 W@W online. I'm almost grateful that this game didn't support dedicated servers because it means that the CoD5 servers are still full.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Shame none of you play Gears of War 2... which i play religiously. Be thankful it hasnt come out on PC, because i would have left by now haha :)