• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Apparently I need a refresher on walkers...

Started by Dianoga4, November 17, 2009, 03:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dianoga4

I've been pulling my hair out all day trying to get my new walker working. I've made walkers before and have them working great. I've even looked them over and it looks as if I have things set up the same way but still it doesn't want to work right. Mostly it just doesn't want to move forward. It will do the animation but it won't move forward. I have my lfoot and rfoot set and have their pivot points against the ground just like I do with my other walkers. I have my head2 set and the head seems to work great now, it points and shoots the way I want. I have tried a couple of different configurations with the limbs and right now I'm using the invisible boxes for the lfoot and rfoot which are where the feet would be. I was trying before to use boxes for ankles like I did in my other walkers but for some unknown reason it kept putting the feet up in the air and things were attached in weird places. I'm guessing there is just one little thing I'm forgetting and I'll kick myself for it but if I could at least get a refresher on the basics that would be great. I was just going to post this walker up on the forums here for anyone who wanted to use it when I got it done.

TheJamsh

if it does the animation when you hit keys, then it sounds more like an ODF problem to me than a model problem, but im no expert here.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Disregard what TJ said, I know enough to know it could be either.

Click on the image...

Dianoga4

I got so frustrated with it because it shouldn't have been that hard. I compared things with the other walkers I have that work and things seem to be setup the same. I took a breather from it for a day, I'll probably look at it again tomorrow. Thanks.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Makes a good case for keeping modeling notes handy on how to get things repeatable. I experienced this with assualt tanks. I did quite a few and then after some time not doing any at all I quite literally had to study my previous models and the stock ones as well to get it right again.

As far the ODF is concerned you could try renaming one that worked before and adapt it for use with the new walker. If it gets your walker moving then you'll know it's the ODF, not model related. Or you could also use an old working walker with the new ODF to help determine the same thing vice versa? Worth trying with minimal effort on your part. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.