• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

An idea for a mod.

Started by Clavin12, November 19, 2009, 12:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

The scions are overcome by a hostile race who alter the alchemator and destroy the solar system. You are a scion prisoner on the latest core, held captive by this race. The plot is you escaping and overcoming them, afterwords rebuilding the solar system.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

lucky_foot

Implementation would be interesting. If your in to modding, give it a shot. You need advice on anything, PM me.
Jonathan S.

Clavin12

Well I'd like to mod but I can't do animations, dlls, haven't figured out how to properly texture or even uv unwrap, and I'm just getting to know odfs.
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

so in 3 years, if you still have the patients, you'll be capable of making it :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

Clavin12

Or 3 months if I concentrate, which I probably won't.
C l a v i n 1 2

BNG Da BZ Fool

Your best bet would be to just start making some custom DM, and ST maps with the map editor. You could use existing stock models and/or modify them a lot easier then making completely new models, because, without the right modeling tools, and skills it just slows downs the creative juices a mod maker already has, but can get discouraged/overwelmed with the ton or so of different aspects of the game. Some peeps will never acquire all of the skills to do everything, and by all means try to become a helper on some mod already underway or as part of a community project. I'll help you understand modding things better and other peeps can help you out later on when you actually begin to make a mod of your own. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Clavin12

I can get my models in game and working fine except for the eyepoints (nothing seems to help).
C l a v i n 1 2