• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Vintage [music] keyboards studio tour

Started by technoid, November 23, 2009, 01:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technoid

Sonic Reality studio (makers of samples and VST/VSTi's) gives a video tour of their collection of vintage keyboards (modular synths, clavs, e-piano's, organs, et al), mostly from the 1970's era and thereabouts, as well as some modern ones.  They'll play a few familiar riffs and sequences from famous bands/tunes, to explain their origins.  A Haken Continuum is also discussed a little, something I wanted to get back when it came out ~5 years ago, although they don't power it up.  Anyway, if you're a synth geek like me, then you'll probably want to watch.  Brought to you by Keyboard Mag (a fine magazine I've been reading since the mid 1980's). 

http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/vintage-synth-geekfest/November-2009/103381

AHadley

My beautiful Roland Juno-106 is much cooler :-D

TheJamsh

sending this to one of my tutors... hell love it. (He has more synth gear that there are posts on this forum)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

technoid

Yeah, the 106 is nice, I don't have one, but I based a C64 synth program (to use the SID) that I made on it in 1984-5, imitating its front panel colors too (the orange, blue, black, etc) and coded the onscreen UI VCO/VCA/ADSF sliders to use Atari paddles and joysticks.  Too bad the 106 doesn't have velocity and/or aftertouch, iirc, but at least it was the first Roland model to have MIDI, I think.