• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Started by Red Devil, November 29, 2009, 11:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

I was watching the Avatar trailer (again) tonight and was suddenly struck by the similarities between Avatar and the BZ2 storyline.  Anybody else notice them, too?
What box???

Steeveeo

I'd say Avatar is more toward BZ1, considering he is making BZClassi--

Wait...

Not that Avatar?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

TwinShadow

I don't see how they're similar IMO. But I've only seen the trailer in full once. So... to me, I don't really see any similarities between the two stories.

General BlackDragon

The movie "Avatar: The last Air Bender"

I think.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

:roll:
* Nielk1 's shortest post ever

Click on the image...

AHadley

technoid

Quote from: Red Devil on November 29, 2009, 11:38:44 PM
I was watching the Avatar trailer (again) tonight and was suddenly struck by the similarities between Avatar and the BZ2 storyline.  Anybody else notice them, too?

Yes, as far as the fundamental storyline, there is a similarity between Avatar & BZ2 (not BZ1), as I see it, especially when the main character has to make a "choice".  And besides, the Scions and the Avatar aliens are both blue-ish.  No more hints! Should be a good sci-fi Hollywood action flick, James Cameron is involved (Terminator, Rambo, Aliens, Titanic).  He's also involved in filming "Battle Angel", for you Manga fans.

More info on Mr. Cameron:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cameron

* Spoiler alert *:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)

Nielk1

Heh, "Dances with Smurfs".

Click on the image...

Warfreak

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: technoid on November 30, 2009, 02:13:08 PM
Yes, as far as the fundamental storyline, there is a similarity between Avatar & BZ2 (not BZ1), as I see it, especially when the main character has to make a "choice".  And besides, the Scions and the Avatar aliens are both blue-ish. 

Do the new blue guys have blue moon boots and pants that show off their blue buttocks?

Red Devil

They barely wear anything, plus there's even a sexy Smurf-ette/Shabayev - with ears that wiggle.  :-)

Similarities:

Biometal vs. expensive grey ore
Transformation of lead characters
Power-mad military/corporate guy who even looks like Manson
BZ2 wormhole effect
Walkers
Really good music
What box???

technoid

Quote from: AcneVulgaris on December 03, 2009, 10:05:13 AM
Do the new blue guys have blue moon boots and pants that show off their blue buttocks?

RD's comparisons should be evidence enough of a parallel.  They don't really wear any 'moon' boots (I'm sure there are shoes somewhere, didn't really look), but their feet are big (they're 10 ft tall), and they do live on a moon.  And they'll probably show an ass or two.  'hee haw'

Clavin12

Definitely similar. Looks interesting. Sigourney Weaver is great.
C l a v i n 1 2