• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Modeling

Started by TheWall, December 07, 2009, 07:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWall

:cry: me no gots StudioMax at all... aint dat just a brick in the wall!?!?!

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Blunt Force Trauma

Quote from: eddywright on December 10, 2009, 03:46:35 PM
Then I vote for life size made of pewter.

No, no, no, no

If we are going full scale, I say fully functional as well.

-----------

Also what I meant by 'dimensions' was, What do players think the Grizz is in the BZ universe?  I'm thinking "20 feet long by 10 feet wide and about 9 feet tall".

Nielk1

Avatar would be the one to answer that. I know if you go by pilots they aren't that big but by in game units they are a bit bigger. Weird eh?

Click on the image...

ssuser

I would say BFT is fairly on the money as far as dimensions go - the Golems have to be at least 20 feet high. As far as weight, I wonder if due to biometal construction they aren't a fair bit lighter then conventional tanks of the same size - the hover ability lends credence to that idea. The recycler must be a heavy mother, though - they must have had some killer rockets to lift all that tonnage into orbit.

Blunt Force Trauma

As to mass, in 'my' reality of the BZ universe, scrap is in the Titanium ballpark since it is a homogeneous mix of exotic, ultra light metals and nano sites or cells.

As to the soldier, he is grossly out of scale. . . on the order of at LEAST 2X.

Stand a soldier next to an obvious cockpit such as a Razor or or the Lander and it becomes humorous.

While I took this ss from around 400 'meters', there is some limited error because parallax projection, but the soldier will be >95% correct in relation to the Grendel behind.  

ssuser

I think they had to make the pilots a bit large just so they would look good in the game.

You know what the BZ pilots remind me of - those little Lego spacemen you used to get in the moon vehicle kits way back in the 70s. Same basic style, squared off legs... maybe the modeler for these was a Legos fan.  :-D

Commando

I think General BlackDragon was able to convert the TRO models to work in bz2 so he may be the one to ask about acquiring the original bz1 models in .3ds format.  He converted the bz1 models into .xsi format so I'm assuming he could convert them into the format you are needing.

I like the idea of the magnetic hovertanks.  I'd purchase one, especially if you started making bz2 models too.

Blunt Force Trauma

Was looking again at comparable scales and noticed the Flanker's cockpit. It may have the most ridiculous scale difference to a soldier .

Hehe maybe you could get one leg in there  :lol:

sabrebattletank

Commando

The visible area, from the outside, is the canopy not the entire cockpit.  Granted the scaling does seem off regardless.

TheWall

In persuing creating a mock-up of the Grizzly... I discovered the Poly-Model of the Griz has some very serious ASYMETRICAL flaws/errors (too many sessions of bumper tank!?). So, I've corrected the obvious errors.

I've ASS-U-ME'd all along that the intent of exporting the game geometry for existence in the real world, was to have it live in the real world as it actaully is/was in the game

QUESTION: (Poll?) Should the primary/initial intent of creating real world models be geared towards maintaining the integrity of the in game models?

reasons in my mind to keep it as in the game... it is what it is! it is in reality, what it is/was as seen in game play... eliminates the inevitable debates of OTHER interpretations (for better or worse).

Thoughts?

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Commando

I'd say create one of each if possible to see which one turns out better.  If members are wanting to purchase a model, it would give them a choice for a more realistic model or one that is identical to the ingame model.

Blunt Force Trauma

Hope you're not asking me Wall.  That's been more or less my point for the last 12 months.   :-P

TheWall

Reminds me of an AUDIOPHILE conversation/debate I was part of 20+ years ago... If you're playing back ROCK music that was played on PA (Klipsh) type speakers, what speakers give you the most faithful (re)production.. Speakers that FAITHFULLY reproduce the input signal, or Speakers as close to those that the signal was orginally played through...

Kevin - AKA TheWall

sabrebattletank

The speakers affect the sound. The amp type is a part of the sound.

Look at how a club sets it up:

Guitar -> guitarist's amp -(microphone)-> club stuff.