• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Modeling

Started by TheWall, December 07, 2009, 07:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

Quote from: Dx on December 16, 2009, 07:14:29 PM
Why is that, you think there's no lightning on the moon?

I tried to LOL but then my face broke

Red Devil

:lol:  Wind Gens would have been a *reeeeal* stretch.
What box???

Commando

Some bz1-inspired skins for bz2 would be awesome.  Too bad we don't  have some of our best modelers left.

ssuser

The white Sabre is way cool - love to see a port of that to bz1.

When they started making the intro movie, it is possible that they hadn't even created the S-Power models yet, that would explain why they used L-Power models. Since they had a release date target to meet, they probably didn't want to wait around until the last minute for the final model concepts to get started on the intro cinematic.

General BlackDragon

Well, the SPOWER model was in the BZ Trialer, found on youtube

*****General BlackDragon*****

ssuser

Huh... there goes that explanation. Well, if you can have geysers on the Moon, why not lightning?  :-D

You know, another thing that has always bugged me... the cool way the thumper whirls the Czar off the ground in the intro movie. Why couldn't it work that way in the game? It would be so much more useful.

Josiah

what does all this have to do w/bz modeling? *notes to self all topics I have hijacked

TheWall

Since I think that it's now pretty well established that interpretations of what a "REAL" Grizzly (or any other BZ1 unit) REALLY looked like, is very subjective....

What sort of, if any, DETAIL should be be put onto the in game models/units? The Grizzly is amazingly flawed, things such as the very front leading edge of the grizzly is tilted, same with the back deck, one of the main thrusters petrudes out farther than the other one... so those flaws have been corrected. Any grill work (IE - top of the "fenders")? scribed/raised panel lines?

What sort of MODEL should be made... an in game model?

I can/will make a few prototype solids... can/will make moulds... can/will do just about whatever... don't know if I should just do as I please, and see if anyone else shares my likes, or is this as I thought of it, more of a BZ community type project...

:? (getting more and more confused)  :?

I have a 16" x 6" x 2" of Ren Board (AKA "Plasticwood") available to cut some sort of protype solid(s).

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Blunt Force Trauma

The game's wackiness extents well into all the ship designs. I think everyone understands that.  So any subjective decisions will be handled with grace by the community.

What you come up with will be awesome I'm sure.   :-)

TheWall

OK, this would be a proposal of the in game model - prototype/solid. Guess-temating it at about hand size or so.

Av? Think this would suit something to paint up as a proposal?

Kevin - AKA TheWall

General BlackDragon

thats the bz1 model cut up into pieces :P

TheWall

Quote from: General BlackDragon on December 17, 2009, 02:23:15 PM
thats the bz1 model cut up into pieces :P

Thats YOUR Grizz after your arse wander its way into my base..............  :x

Kevin - AKA TheWall

General BlackDragon

Josiah

just found something out about the "real" grizzly: the grizzly in GBD's sig is the same as the one in the cd installer background AND the background for bz's menus.

*feels deflated because no "real" grizzly model has been made.

TheWall

(RE: "Textures")

What is the process of transfering ART on to a 3D object, when the object is emersed into a bath, with the ART floating on the surface of the bath?  I saw it on several episodes of "How its Made"... but I'll be "dang'd" if I can't find the process on the 'net.

Obviously, I'm wondering if that sort of technique could be used to transfer the in game (or higher res remakes) textures onto a 3D model (vacu-formed, etc.).

Kevin - AKA TheWall