• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 physics bug ?

Started by CaptPicard, February 28, 2004, 07:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptPicard

First of all I would like to say a big thanks to whom ever has spent any time or effort to help the BZ2 community and sorry that I come here to complain. I'm sure that all that have helped with this patch were expecting a load of posts like mine.

I have tried the 1.3 patch and would like to point something out that I personally can not live with......

I believe that a large number of vets will feel the same way as I do (please post here to support my points or add any).

In a scout, you can still hover but once you start to loose your altitude (gradually falling down) you can not under any circumstances increase any altitude again until you have touched the ground.

In my opinion, I believe that you should keep the physics of the ships in 1.2 and just simply change the maximum height it is possible to hover at.

OR...

If it is possible, in the shell offer a button to change the physics from 1.3 to 1.2

P.S. I know of 3 Vets that just want to delete it because the same reasons above, I hope that something can be done about it because I would hate for it to split our small community up.

Thx
{bac}Opp

Fishbone

quote from Nathans web site:

"A special note: one of the bugs fixed is the infinite flying bug present in BZ2 1.0 - 1.2. This was removed because it is considered to be a bug by those of us who worked on BZ2 from the beginning. It is not due to complaints from "newbies" or the like. Certain people certainly feel strongly about this. Fine. Your feelings are not an argument. Whining about this will not change anything-- we've heard such complaints for years, and your comments will only serve to harden our resolve in this. If you still think you must comment, see here."

check http://www.visi.com/~nathan/bz2/bz2_13.html for the whole text.

appel

Yes, big thanks to Nathan and Ken...but...

I agree with CaptPicard.

There are many reasons why you should be able to hover:
#1: You have been able to hover for more than 4 years.
#2: All current veteran players know how to hover and hovering is a big part of their gaming experience.
#3: If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Sorry, but I think this beta patch is more of a downgrade than an upgrade. Please don't change the physics of the ships, I like my 1.2 ones.

CmptrWz

The developers said that the ability to fly WAS broken physics. They fixed it. End of discussion. Closing this before things get out of hand.