• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Drop-off point for armory

Started by appel, February 28, 2004, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appel

I like the drop-off point for the armory, it was badly needed.
However, when you need to drop off for example 2 weapons, a laser and chain, using the drop off point they land in the exact same spot. So what happens is that the ship trying to get one of those craters will pick up both weapons.

You can also point at a unit now and send them a powerup from the armory, as you could in BZ1.   I love it...

If you want to use the Armory dropoff place a nav on it.  That way you can have a ship waiting for whatever you're making.

-Av-

Commando

One thing that makes the armory a useful weapon is the ability to drop weapons on units, especially enemy units.  Try dropping pummel on enemy turrets and watch their effective drop to next to nothing.  I did that to one tester and he wasn't happy :).

BZ FeebleEffort

No..I wasn't...I thought it was cheese then, I still do...I suspect it will be outlawed as a "cheese" tactice just as it was in BZ 1(dropping  mini guns into GTs)

technoid

Be careful not to point directly at the Armory when creating a powerup.  This means you've sent the powerup to the Armory itself.  The powerup will spawn directly on top of the launcher though.  Unfortunately, the launcher is inside the Armory's "solid" collision/model box, which means you've just waisted scrap making that powerup as you won't be able to pick up the crates.  I've already addressed this in the private 1.3 beta section several weeks ago.

You can always demo the Armory to get to the stuck crates.  :D
And tugging them out may or may not work.

Dirty Rooster

The snap-to-unit-cursor is way too keen.

I just built arm, gone to back or rec, hopped out
told arm to drop a chain round the back, but it keeps snapping
to the rec, dropping the crate on the rec instead of behind it.
Other times I might try to drop a chain for thugs, but the
cursor snaps to nearby turret instead of the ground.

Way too keen to send to a unit instead of the ground.
Maybe only I get the problem, maybe..

No, you're not the only one.  The 'Targeting Reticule' is very sensitive to nearby units.  I find I have to almost point at my feet sometimes to actually hit the ground...

I guess the only solution is to practice your "mad reticule skillz" in a crowded base...  :)

-Av-

Dirty Rooster

We'll all be bouncing about the base madly trying not to hit
the ground too hard & wipe off our 2 health, giving chains
to buildings and hitting tilde rotating stuff to get it lined
up right while constructors and scavs grind against each
other and healers hide in spires ... funn..

Its actually great to re-learn everything, makes it all seem
new and exciting.