• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

why r u deleting post???

Started by FRYIN_PAN, February 29, 2004, 05:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmptrWz

Quote from: CaptPicardI saw that post that you are banning Major Tom for and I cant believe what you are like, he was simple pointing out that you are being unreasonable not letting us express out thoughts.

You saw SOME of the posts. You didn't see the PM I got.

Quote from: appelThis isn't JUST about the hovering. This is how you guys are treating us! Detleting posts, editing them, banning users that are simply expressing their concerns about the 1.3 patch. I'm sorry to say, but you have gone too far.

Saying: "I won't play 1.3" and saying "I won't play 1.3 until the scout isn't so sluggish" are two different things, as is saying "I won't play 1.3 until this issue that I have been told a hundred times won't be changed back is changed back". The second of the three I am allowing. The first and third I am not.

CaptPicard

Probably in response to u Cutting him out and deleting his posts, u need to learn how to moderate a board m8.

FRYIN_PAN

ok this might get deleted but i feel this is a choice of yours if u dont want to convert to this new patch its up to you this is ur choice as a human being and controlling ur own life like i said before this might just b a split in the community but its ur choice sorry to the moderators if im out of bunds here :?

CmptrWz

Off-topic and flame posts are fair game for deletion. See the forum rules(linked to in my sig and next to the login/logout button) for confirmation. I believe they are classified as "spam".

As for the 1.2/1.3 issue, yes it is your choice. Let others make their choice, don't go around telling everyone on the forums not to use 1.3 just because you don't like it. Let them make their own opinion.

CaptPicard

The reasons why we are on other forums is because we CAN NOT POST OUR OPINIONS HERE. If you actually listened to us and discussed it civilly then this all wouldn't of happened.

appel

"Will not, can not, will never ever be put back in!"...."Just let them steam for a while"...."Hovering is a bug!"..."Funny to see vets whine!"..."Get over it!"..

I don't get it, I won't get over it and my steam won't go away unless this issue is resolved by some agreement by the "two sides".

FRYIN_PAN

I DID NOT TELL ANYONE TO USE OR NOT TRY THE NEW PATCH I AM JUST TELLING THOSE WHO DO NOT like or want to USE IT THE GAME IS NOT OVER DO NOT PUT UR MEANINGS INTO MY POST PLZ THAT MIGHT B HOW U HAVE INTERPRETED MY POST BUT THAT IS NOT HOW THEY HVE BEEN WRITTENor meant

ReCoN

We have been down this road before with Cmptwz.  A kid with his hand on the button.  Its ludicrous to edit posts in this manner.

I don't feel hovering is that big an issue.  The very best games I have played are not influenced by the "pulp" hovering that is so embraced by many of the clans.

The 1.3 games I have played feel sluggish and almost slow motion at points.  I'm reserving judgment pending further testing.

<FLY>ReCoN

CmptrWz

I was pointing out that you were correct, FRYIN_PAN, but also why I was deleting other people's posts.

appel: The hovering issue is CLOSED. PERIOD. If you don't like it, stay away from 1.3 AND THE 1.3 FORUMS.

CaptPicard: On-topic, constructive, non-flaming, non-"generic" I don't like it, non-hovering opinions are fine. If you are off-topic, non-constructive, flaming, giving a generic "I just don't like 1.3", or talking about bringing hovering back then your post is liable to vanish.

Quote from: CaptPicardThe reasons why we are on other forums is because we CAN NOT POST OUR OPINIONS HERE. If you actually listened to us and discussed it civilly then this all wouldn't of happened.

It sounds like Major Tom made it personal with Wiz, taking it to PM.  Without reading the PM we can't judge, but it sounds like MT pulled Wiz's chain pretty good.

I agree with Lizard, everyone should have their say.  Unfortunately some take it too far, tossing their 2cents into each and every post regardless of how many times they've already posted it.

Say it, then get on with testing or go back to 1.2.

-Av-

FRYIN_PAN

hey appel i was in favor of ur opinion at one time now ur r getting alittle off topic lol stay in topic or they will close plz

ReCoN

QuoteIf you are off-topic, non-constructive, flaming, giving a generic "I just don't like 1.3", or talking about bringing hovering back then your post is liable to vanish.

Things not going so well at junior high?  Those mean jocks give you a wedgy follwed up with a swirly?

Damn kid, get a grip.

BZ FeebleEffort

On topic/Off topic..what a load of crap wiz, your just deleteing the "less than positive 1.3 ideas" because you are so married to 1.3.

Well..I never got married too it..(I did do a little dancing with it)....But I'll repeat what I said loooong ago and in every forum, 1.3 will stand or fall on its merits.

IF it falls it is for 1 reason...Yeah...You got it, vehicle physics.

But *I* know 1.3s warts go a bit beyond JUST the physics.  *IF* enough serious high skill MP games do get played, those warts will be visable. Maybe Nathan will be willing to listen, but if not..the prince shall remain a toad.

The vehicle physics could be tweaked further for "better" feel...But Nathan never wanted to hear my comments when I was in the beta then, so I doubt any suggestions or comments from me will result in any change. So I'll just plink around with 1.3 like the rest of the minions.

Unfortunate, remove the whole vehicle physics issue and 1.3 is(with further fixing of balance issues) BZ 2's NEXT BIG THING....But instead BECAUSE of vehicle physics is..1.3 is a well..."what coulda been".

Giguana

I understand CmptrWz when he deletes threads called, "Im leaving 1.3 forever", it's like a kid throwing a fit. I want as many people to play 1.3 as possible and when you have people bashing and ranting about how horrible it is without always stating why. Its a Beta, please politly open a thread and tell us all about what is wrong with 1.3 and why and we will all have a nice intelligent discussion of it. Pretend like your talking to Ken and Nathan, would you run in and tell them that there months of work sucks right before you tell them why, maybe even fart on them? :s

However.....

When CmptrWz kills a thread that is both a rant flame and has valid information, that is wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, lets not say things suck and throw propaganda on the BZ game servers. This is not protest. Tell the 1.3 players, not the 1.2 players, let the 1.2 players experience 1.3 for themselves.

Fishbone

Major Tom was sending me and TV insulting emails for month now.
He never fails to find an opportunity to attack us on the boards.

So think about it: what do you do if I would come into your house, tell you what a bad housekeeper you are, that your house looks like hoot. That you are a complete idiot and have no clue what you are doing? Guess what Major Tom got just thrown out of my house.