• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Chat Lobby glitch

Started by Ace, February 29, 2004, 08:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

In the chat lobby, it gave me an error that the name "Ace" was in use.  At the time, "Acer" was on, so I think that it just saw the same letters.  It's nothing big, but I thought I should report it.

CmptrWz

When it says "Ace" is already in use, that is "in general across the entire IRC NETWORK the lobby is sitting on".

Ace

Well, I don't really understand what you just said, but if there is no glitch, then whatever, sorry for wasting time.

CmptrWz

The lobby is basically an IRC client. The IRC room is on an IRC network: A lot of servers all working together to keep a lot more people/channels running. Over 30,000 channels on this network. More users.

If any of the vast # of users is using the name "Ace" when you try to connect, you can't use the name "Ace".

Ace

Oh, I get it.  Thanks for explaining that to me.