• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Terrain looks too smooth and stretched

Started by appel, February 29, 2004, 08:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appel

I feel like the terrain of the map is way too smooth, and blurred. I liked the details of the textures in 1.2. Please check this out.

Tempest Storm

Your texture mip map settings are probably on auto, and BZ2 lowered it due to your specs, you can manually raise it in the graphics options menu though.

Speedy

Or in gameprefs.ini, its (I think) the 5th option of the video group (the 1st group). In 1.2, it was 0, I use 2. Default is 4.

appel

See:

Same map, full graphic settings on. MIP on highest settings. See how 1.3 blurrs everything?

Strategy Arena in 1.2

Strategy Arena in 1.3

Also notice how the sky is messed up.

Tempest Storm

BZ FeebleEffort

Its clear as day for me, and Appel IS right....But th tweak suggested above by Tempest was a big big help for mine. I went to"2" and I may go to -0-

aougli

technoid

Yes, try the Mipmap buttons in the Graphics options.  Try #2, just as FE has done. Textures will stand out.  A lot will be determined by your videocard as well.

You can thank moi for requesting it as a menu feature.  :D
And also to the dev for the followup.

Thank you moi...  whoever that is...  hehe  ( I know it's "mwah")

Those pics do look like something is set lower than full out...  The 'auto settings' feature seems to jump in constantly for some people, maybe it's overriding things?

I love the mipmap settings.  I prefer a slightly grittier look and they let me choose it...

-Av-

appel

As I said, I had my graphics set at full, both in 1.2 and 1.3, and the MIP stuff was also set at maximum (which btw I tried setting to lowest and highest without much difference)

Were these shots taken in an MP game?  If so, the auto-graphics-lowering feature may be at fault.  That's the only time I see this sort of thing happen.

-Av-

Zero Angel

The textures look OK to me. Are you sure that your graphics settings didnt jump down on you? I still noticed the bug where some graphics settings would be different then whats selected on the gfx options screen. In your case, i'd try setting the texture quality to low then back to high...
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

appel

I made sure that's not the case Zero :)

GSH

Texture size isn't affected by auto-change in MP. It's a setting only applied when textures are loaded, and that's something you don't want to do in MP.

-- GSH