• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

DM Bot problem?

Started by AlbinoPenguin, March 01, 2004, 05:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbinoPenguin

Well, the addition of DM bots was a great idea. It was something I alawys found missing from other DM games.

It does have a bit of a problem though, which I noticed on DM Cubes.

1) They prefer to fight you as pilots, lol. Well, I guess some ppl would find it funny when a group of 5 pilots with pulse try killing a titan... but it isn't very challanging. May have someway of giving the "get in ship order" a higher priority then "Lets try making a titan laugh"

2) I also noticed that the very few(read that as 2 in 30mins) that did make it into ships, just sat up on the mound until I happen to come into range. you it be possible to give them some sort of "Cruise around" command so they can go find some trouble, and make it look less artifical like?

technoid

That's because in Cubes, the ships are sitting up top on the "tableau's".  There isn't really any additional code to make the AI pilots use their thrusters to get up there. This ain't no government super AI project, ya know.  :D

Not sure if they will or can be fixed for this specific map.  For most other maps where they spawn in ships, they should be ok.