• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Allied Multi commanders

Started by aougli, March 01, 2004, 09:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aougli

Had six of us in the shell.  Selected River 4.  Two pairs of allies, plus two others.  When the game started someone's Rec was right next to mine and our two pairs of default starting turrets opened fire immediately.  I'm not certain whether there were four or six Recs in total in that game, I think six.  Aborted the game within a minute.

Might be best if there were a maximum of four Recs per map, and any additional players assigned as thugs to one of the allainces?

Lizard

it's probably limited by the amount of spawn points in the map , from recollection most maps only have 4 spawns , so if you got 6 teams some recs will spawn at the same spot .

GSH

The thug code (specifically the give/take cmd code) only works with 2 teamgroups, teams 1..5 and 6..10.

I suspect River4 only has 4 spawnpoints, so it's likely that a 5th or 6th commander might end up in the wrong area. If there's a River6 created, this might not happen.

-- GSH

Commando

The best sollution would be to set the player limit to 4 on a 4 player map.  Assigning the other two players as thugs would unbalance the game, and it would require additional coding.  The inf file can be changed to specify a default player limit of 4.