• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

annoying sound effects thingy

Started by Lizard, February 29, 2004, 04:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Manatee

Thanks for posting this thread, guys--

I too have been having problems with 1.3's sound (at least, I hope that's what the trouble is).  I've played through EDF03 with no problems other than the occasional click and stuff, which is tolerable, but in EDF04 (the take-out-the-megagun mission), I got a couple of hard lockups coupled with a click-click-click-click sound.  Thought maybe it was my HD or the mission itself, so did a cheat to get to EDF05, but ended up with the same problem eventually.  Seems like it might be more likely to happen when there's a bunch of sounds coming simultaneously--either a lot of buildings or a big battle scene.

Like lots of the other folks with this problem, I also have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 with the latest drivers (and music turned down to nil).  Going to try the solutions described here, including the 1% music and the /slowaudio switch, and we'll see.  But it's a definite relief to hear that it's probably not what I had feared--namely, my hard drive!  :-)

(BTW, nice to see you guys again!  Been through a lot of changes lately; the Manatee Family has moved to Tallahassee (lots closer to the real thing than Cleveland was! ), but we're catching up on BZ and modding again.
:cool:

Specs:

P4 2800 HT enabled
1024 MB Corsair TwinX RAM
ABIT IC7 MAX3 mobo
SB Audigy 2 (not platinum or anything outrageous)
MSI GF4 Ti4600
Plus lots of cool windows and lights that don't have anything to do with anything...  :P

SilverB1rd

do you really need the /slowaudio now that you have the music turned down?

Commando

If you play FE and on version 1.3, expect a few AVs causec by the flame mine.  I'm not sure why, but that mine exploding will cause 1.3 to AV.  I'm assuming you figured out how to extract all of 1.3's shell files if you got FE working in 1.3.

Aegeis

I also figured out how to get FE to work in multiplayer HOWEVER fempi is broken completely, strat and dm works though.  Also fe complains about alot of missing odfs and what not anyways.  Oh and the Krahanos is broken in 1.3 as well.  Oh and the xerrakies......  Well, you get the picture.   :D