• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

A minor complaint

Started by AcneVulgaris, March 06, 2004, 08:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcneVulgaris

I have been having some difficulty seeing building orientation because of the flashing of the 'green ghost' of the building to be.

When the building is in the brighter phase, I have trouble seeing which way it is oriented...it slows up my placement a bit as I have to wait for it to go dim again to see what I'm doing.  I could adapt, but it seems like there is no real reason to have it flash in the first place.

Tempest Storm

Youcan turn this off in the gameprefs file located in Addon/Config, there is alot of other customizeable things in there as well.

Spacecomber

That can also be changed within the Game Play options.  You can choose between flashing, dim, or bright orientation models.  (I prefer the dim wire frame, myself.)

Tempest Storm

Its in game options now? Darn, I need to keep up with the times. :D

AcneVulgaris

Thanks...I had seen that, but didn't make the connection.

robotman0

....wait you can turn off that flashy thing!!  Great!  It looked neat but I couldn't always see how it was oriented either.  Thanks!!!

BZZERKER

You can also control how bright or dim it flashes in the Gameprefs.ini in your Config folder.// Tuning values for the building preview display.

// Alpha values for the building preview light & heavy display. Values
// are from 0 (transparent) to 255 (opaque). This is for the color of
// the object as a whole
BuildingPreview_LightAlpha = 31
BuildingPreview_HeavyAlpha = 160
// Alpha of the wireframe in light * heavy mode, values as above
BuildingPreview_WireLightAlpha = 127
BuildingPreview_WireHeavyAlpha = 127