• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 Editor 2.0+ and XP Pro

Started by Der Vampyr Engel, March 10, 2004, 07:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Vampyr Engel

I am getting a strange problem , the Editor only now works with 1.3 and it keeps freezing my system, why is this?, I have only managed to get into it a few times  and now it makes my compuer sticks or feeze's it , it is XP PRO or BZ2 that is causing this sticking or freezing?

GreenHeart

The Editor may have popped open the console to report some errors it found, you will need to close the console by hitting control ~. Then you should be able to use the editor.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

OvermindDL1

Just for note, I am using Windows XP Professional SP1.  The editor has yet to ever crash at all for me.  If it does crash it should generate a log file that would be very helpful in diagnosing the problem.

You will get a lockup of the Editor if you change an XSI for an object saved in the BZN file you're editing.  It's probably always been that way but I thought I'd mention it.

Der Vampyr Engel

OK I shall try this again because when I upgraded my machine using XP Pro I wanting getting this but with this fresh totally new intstall of XP Pro I am getting it

Der Vampyr Engel

OK cleaned off all the BZ2 files and made a new install of up to 1.3 and everything is working again I will install 1.2 so I can play the mods