• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Question) Rec/Fact interfaces

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 25, 2004, 03:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Can you now have unit trees in the drop down interfaces?

e.g. the Hadean Xenomator would have '' Hedoux '' which would the drop down to the two types of hedoux available to the Xeno - Hedoux LS and Hedoux SGS.

At which point could you hold down shift and make one hedoux Ls and one Hedoux SGS in a single group?

Zero Angel

Wasnt the Hedoux/Hedoux SGS upgrading system just a hack so that Hadeans can work in 1.2?

I think its better off to change FE instead.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Yes, the "Unit Trees" work for all Production units, but IMO they're klunky in MP.  I've been working with them for the Olympians and even kept to a minimum they're easy to fumble in the heat of battle.

I suppose once you get used to what's where a good Commander wouldn't have any trouble, but I'm not a good Commander so I can't say for sure.

:)

-Av-

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

It was decided that the hadeans not being able to modify their units with an 'interface' was a race-specific thing that would remain, even though it was known (e.g. uller) how to make it work.
However, atm each different type of unit takes up one of the 10 number slots, i was hoping this could be changed.

Oh, I see what you mean...

That's governed by the 'baseName' entry.  To have upgraded and non-upgraded units able to mix in the same F-slot just requires them to have the same baseName.  That's entirely up to the FE team to do, it's just an ODF thing.

I thought you were talking about the actual Factory setup.

-Av-

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I was.

The Hadean factory does not have a 'interface panal' which you can log on to to change the weapon loadouts as you see fit. Instead it has this list of units

Xenomator

.(1)Locust
.(2)Zues mc
.(3)Xares
.(4)Xares sgs
.(5)Hedoux Ls
.(6)Hedoux sgs
.(7)Atlas

Mega Xenomator (the upgraded version)

.(1)Locust
.(2)Xares sgs
.(3)Xares fs
.(4)Zues sks
.(5)Zues mwf
.(6)Hedoux
.(7)Hedoux FBS
.(8)Xerrakis
.(9)Atlas
.(0)Kranhous

===================

What i want to see is drop-down menues that go somethinglike this

Xenomator

.(1)Locust
.(2)Zues mc
.(3)Xares - (1)Xares
.__________(2)Xares sgs
.(4)Hedoux - (1)Hedoux Ls
.___________(2)Hedoux sgs
.(5)Atlas

MegaXenomator

.(1)Locust
.(2)Xares - (1)Xares sgs
.__________(2)Xares fs
.(3)Zues - (1)Zues sks
._________(2)Zues wrm
.(4)Hedoux - (1) Hedoux
.___________(2)Hedoux FBS
.(5)Xerrakis
.(6)Atlas
.(7)Kranhous

DarkFox

QuoteWasnt the Hedoux/Hedoux SGS upgrading system just a hack so that Hadeans can work in 1.2?

I think its better off to change FE instead.
No, not at all. The unique customisation methods of hadeans are one of their forms of individuality, one of the things that makes them different from just being another ISDF. I'd much prefer it was kept the way it's always been with hadeans, it gives them character.

OK, well, yes, you can do that.  That's what I originally thought you meant...  should've stuck with my first instinct.

You can do exactly that, and even have sub-sub menus.  I've found it hard to use under pressure, though and when you make a mistake hitting TAB shuts down the whole tree rather than backing up one level.

-Av-