• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(MAJOR Ouut of game bug)General Not-workingness

Started by sabrebattletank, March 28, 2004, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

After I had installed 1.3, my computer started getting problems. THere has been general slowness/programs not responding after playing 1.3 battlezone. Our inter net has been slower, as i said eartlier, more and more programs stopped responding, that whole kind of thing. But it only happens AFTER I play BZ1.3 DOes anyone have ideas as to why this happens? HOw can I fix it? After I restart my computer, the general workingness returns to its pre-1.3 days.  THen I play 1.3 again Cycle repeats.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I am thinking this is a 'MAJOR' issue.

I have kinda had similar things...Internet crashing unexpectedly...

PhoeniX-FlamE

maybe it gives a growing mark in the memory and something in the task mngr doesnt close... have u checked if there are signs of 1.3 in the task manger?
i know i had a game that when i closed it it would just 'minimize' it and i can see it, not with tab and not down at the bottom... anyways after awhile i noticed in task manager its started to take something like 300 mb ram :lol:

CmptrWz

In WinXP I have issues if I had outlook running, even in the background, when running 1.3, or any other DX8 Audio game for that matter. Note: not outlook express, outlook.

If I kill outlook's useless background process(usually appearing from me being click-happy first thing in the morning before I have fallen on my face three or four times) then windows perks right back up.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: PhoeniX-FlamEmaybe it gives a growing mark in the memory and something in the task mngr doesnt close... have u checked if there are signs of 1.3 in the task manger?
i know i had a game that when i closed it it would just 'minimize' it and i can see it, not with tab and not down at the bottom... anyways after awhile i noticed in task manager its started to take something like 300 mb ram :lol:

Singns in the task manager? When I had bz2 1.3 up, the task manager shows it running, what else do you mean by signs? If you mean the amount of ram something is taking up, i  have no idea. I dont really follow that anyway.

I was in 1.2 and my problem was that the game would stay minimized right from startup, a restart fixed that, and the community pretty much agreed it was a focus problem.

I dont use outloos or express, I experimented but like Earthlink Total acces  mail better, havent noticed many bugs there.

Something similar happens after a huge program like the Sims is running, now I just restart right after playing and dont even bother doing stuff after the sims. Bould bz2 have grown too big and started causing these problems?

SilverB1rd

sounds like your are using win 98, and hemerageing system resources all over the place. If you are I would suggest moving up to win2k and solve that problem.

sabrebattletank

nope, ive been on winXP home for a year or 2 now