• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) Buildings that dont push stuff

Started by Zero Angel, March 30, 2004, 09:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Is there any way to prevent certain buildings from pushing other things? I often place turrets on the place where i'm gonna build my service bay and find that I often have to run back to the field and when the bay is done, my turret is not on it.

An ODF value such as: pushCollisionOnly=1 would be nice.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

It fixes so many problems, the 'pushing' that i would personally say it is a minor tweak, but the abilty to set it in the ODF is a good one.

Marksman

Someone would probably try to put a turret in the building part, where the post is. It's a tradeoff, but probably safer this way.

Otherwise, the push would have to be by building collision boundry rather than the square base boundry. It would probably be a lot more complicated to implement.

Dirty Rooster

The building 'push' was introduced to prevent
things-in-things, and it works.

Zero Angel

Rather crudely, i'd say. But i guess you cant have everything.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

FlashFire

I'm okay with most buildings like the armory or trianing facility to have the push affect, but is it possible to remove that from "open" buildings like a service bay?  :?

Quote from: Dirty RoosterThe building 'push' was introduced to prevent
things-in-things, and it works.

Exactly so.  It's one of those 'set in stone' things, and will not be changed.

May I suggest an alternative?  I always set a Nav on the SBay anyway, and Navs are unaffected by the push.  Set a nav and tell your Turret to return to it once the SB is up.   Problem solved?

-Av-

stinky

The building push actually ended up killing my ship in one attack I was launching on the AI base. I was trying to take down a gun spire, just so happened that their Overseer array was destroyed and the AI decided they need to replace it, so they built an antenna on top of me without me noticing. When my health was getting low I wanted to escape but I couldn't move since the antenna being built was slowly moving my ship closer to the gun spire.......couldn't escape so my ship went BOOM.

Huscar

Hehe, alternative strategies, very legal if you ask me, very good also, gotta keep watching what that dumn constructor is doing. Making the push faster, that would be a good idea, and instead of having it push you away completely it would be nice if when you close in to a building under construction, instead of simply blocking your way it would slow you down and invert your movements, kinda like when you go off the map. But first things first, the bugs are more important, so better make this a minor tweak as JWK suggested.

FlashFire

Quote from: stinkyI was trying to take down a gun spire, just so happened that their Overseer array was destroyed and the AI decided they need to replace it, so they built an antenna on top of me without me noticing.

:lol:  happened to me once or twice... i agree on faster pushing...