• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Thumper suggestion.

Started by Angstromicus, April 22, 2004, 03:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

Death to "popper fags".

PhoeniX-FlamE

lol ZA

thumper would be real cool IMO, but i wonder if the current bz2 engine build can allow it... as said before buildings will go crazy

and IMO i dont think nathan / ken will try and get thumper back from bz1, although ur suggestions to make it available without causing building bugs etc

Angstromicus

Quote from: PhoeniX-FlamElol ZA

thumper would be real cool IMO, but i wonder if the current bz2 engine build can allow it... as said before buildings will go crazy

and IMO i dont think nathan / ken will try and get thumper back from bz1, although ur suggestions to make it available without causing building bugs etc

I was thinking of a thumper-type weapon render, that doesn't affect the terrain, it just makes a wave of energy sweep across the terrain. Tho it would be even better to make weapon render effects do the damage and kick & push instead of some invisible mysterious damage field.

Tempest Storm

Effect or no effect, it will still break buildings. For some reason, the thumper doesn't push around GTs, but I don't think Nathan or Ken is going to find out why so they can add it to all buildings so people can make thumpers in their MODs.

Angstromicus

Quote from: Tempest StormEffect or no effect, it will still break buildings. For some reason, the thumper doesn't push around GTs, but I don't think Nathan or Ken is going to find out why so they can add it to all buildings so people can make thumpers in their MODs.

If it doesnt affect terrain how would it "break" a building? BTW I used a custom wep on the final isdf mission and it made a huge, DAMAGING, explosion with a 300 kick velocity, and it made one of the structures go down about 40 meters.

Tempest Storm

The effect has nothing to do with the actual working code. The Code was meant to push everything in its patch, including buildings, like in BZ1. Naturally, since BZ2 buildings are straped down into the ground with the new terrain system,  the code goes haywire and the building will either sink into the ground or float into the air.

I made a Thumper for the BZ1 races and also a sepcial for the Uler race for BZRAP, but because of this it was cut.

Angstromicus

Cool, for bz2? could you give me a link to a zip of that weapon?

PhoeniX-FlamE

as i said, no metter what idea u have i dont think nathan and ken will spend time to try and get it to work

Angstromicus