• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Medium Suggestion) Shields and Snipers

Started by APCs r evil, April 29, 2004, 03:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Actually my computer is 850 mhz and I play on max quality and I get decent enough framerates...

DarkFox

Urgh... Overmind... That's awful.
Mine is an 1800 and I play with *everything* at minimum. My framerates with everything at maximum are fine, but I make games lag. Try to understand that multiplayer performance starts to suffer way before framerates get hit in BZ2.

Angstromicus

I'm thinking it has more to do with the graphics card than the computer.

I used to use an intergrated gfx card, but I finally got a new one (PCI tho...), and game quality increased tremendously.

Spawn

i thought that bz2 processes graphics through the cpu, not the video card.  Does it process anything through the video card?

FoxBlade

to my understanding T&L is done via processor, but everything else should be done via video card.

Spawn

um, forgive my computer ignorance, but what is T&L?

MowerMan

Transform and Lighting.  I don't believe BZ2 supports hardware T&L.

OvermindDL1

BZ2 uses Directx6 for its video API, DX6 was the last DX not to support hardware TnL.  But yes, texture's graphics, etc, are done on the video card.  Just vertex calculations and such are done on the CPU.  My video card is an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (no cracks about a high-end vid card in a slow comp like mine, I can get over 55 fps constant in UT2k4 with 16 bots) so it is possible that is the reason I can do well in BZ2 at max res/quality.  If I lower everything to minimum it just gives me about a 20 to 30 fps jump, by that time it is in the 80fps range so not really worth it...

PhoeniX-FlamE

but u have to relize it lags the game...

Zero Angel

Oh yeah, I was thinking of m-curtain. </dummy>  :lol:
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

OvermindDL1

BZ2 auto sets everything down if it needs to in multiplayer, so I do not see how that is an issue.  Mind you, I havn't played BZ2 1.2 in almost a half year, so I am not considering that.

Spawn

lol, is it just me or does anyone realize how fast all these threads go off topic :lol:

PhoeniX-FlamE

o man! we just changed the topic to off topic stuff!! GREAT JOB SPAWN!! ;)

Spawn

APCs r evil

Quote from: Spawnlol, is it just me or does anyone realize how fast all these threads go off topic :lol:

This one didn't even make it through a full page. 8)